Yesterday the doorbell rang during naptime. Not something I love. Am I the only one out there who suddenly after having kids finds the act of ringing the doorbell highly offensive? Rude and inconsiderate are also words that come to mind.
Don't they know that I have KIDS?
& don't they know what hard work it takes to put them down for naps only to have it all sabotaged by a ring of that darn button? It can take a whole hour to get my little ones to fall asleep, darnit! How dare they!! :) :) (notice the smiley faces insinuating a tiny bit of sarcasm)
(Meanwhile all those who don't have kids or at least ones with sleeping issues are thinking I am a total nut. It's alright. Think away. I was once an ignorant doorbell ringer too. :) Yes, it may be my fault. Normally I do have a "don't ring" sign but depending on the weather they tend to fly away.
Anyhow, with "napping" Emmie now screaming in her room and the dog barking, I was not thrilled to answer the door. In these moments all I can think of is that it BETTER BE GOOD!
Well, I am happy to inform that yesterday, it was.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the offender had been the good old UPS man.
Who had left a package.
From Amazon.
One of the greatest retailers I know.
Suddenly my irritation dissipated and the offense was forgiven.
Inside was a slew of Christmas presents for my kids that I had just ordered on Saturday. & it was Tuesday. & I had used the "free shipping" option as always.
THREE DAYS from ordering to my doorstep!
All I can say is that I. HEART. AMAZON.
It is the way to Christmas shop.
What's not to love?!
Delivered to your doorstep, for FREE (I only buy the things that qualify for free shipping which are the majority), all from the convenience of HOME.
FYI to those of you with no kiddos : as with the doorbell phenomenon, what was once a simple act of going to the store and BROWSING in peace is no longer a reality post kids. You now have to go armed with sippy cups, baggies full of snacks that inevitably leave an embarrassing trail through the store corridors, accompanied by more often than not whiney and uncooperative children. (or is this just mine?) All the while trying to maneuver a double stroller that filled with kids weighs more than you through too small isles while trying to make sure your rugrats don't swipe everything you walk by off the displays is HARD WORK! The result: Very little or no time to thoughtfully pick out gifts for your loved ones - the whole purpose of your outing!
COMPLETE FIASCO sums it up!!!
I think that makes for great explanation as to why AMAZON has become a happy place in my home.
No, I don't buy all my gifts there. I definitely always compare their prices to those of Target and Walmart. (Amazon prices can change daily) Except for their books. They are almost always cheaper at Amazon. A good tip? Check a site like this for great childrens books and then find them on Amazon and read the reviews. That way you know you are ordering something good! (If you can't tell, I think that reading is one of the most valuable activities for children in their development... hence why mine always have some books as birthday, Christmas and Easter gifts). A few that my kids are getting this year are: Alexander and the Terrible Horrible no Good very Bad Day, Martha Blah Blah, & Harold and the Purple Crayon. (Click to check them out)
Also I have found some AMAZING deals on DVDs and Blurays! Some of the big name toys like Zhu Zhu, Little People and Legos are usually not hot deals, but I did find this DARLING pink (they have red too) Radio Flyer hotwheels bike for only $39. Target's price is $79. Great savings, right? Check HERE if Santa is considering something similar for your 3-5 year old cutie! (But you have to hurry when you find a great deal... yesterday the red one was $39 too and today it's $49...as of today, pink is still $39 though).

Super cute, ay?
To wrap it up I think Amazon is the greatest. I get at least 50% of my Christmas shopping done through them every year, saving me from hours of driving time, crowds, and mainly my sanity from hitting the stores with the babies in tow.
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
Try it out for yourself, HERE !
DISCLAIMER: Author has no affilitation with Amazon and did not get paid for this advertisement. But she probably should. :)
HAPPY SHOPPING! :)
4 comments:
I hear ya! Life is so different with kids! I am constantly feeling bad for times I judged moms before I had kids myself. Yikes! Also, I love love love Alexander and the Terrible Horrible no Good very bad Day! I loved it as a kid and it was the first book I bought for my kids. It is so fun to be in touch with you, at least through blogging. You are such a cute mom and I so can relate to the craziness!
Yay for Amazon! We bought about 1/2 of our Christmas from there this year. James has them all shipped to his office, which saves me from the doorbell dilemma, and from the kids seeing them!
You are hilarious!! I was in the car today talking to Cohen after school. He was talking about dogs for some reason. I said they only people we know that have a dog are some friend for ours that we see alot, he declared "No mom, my friend Parker has a dog too." So cute. He then asked when cute Parker could come play. You are invited! Let me know if you have a min...Call me. I know this time of year is crazy, but we would love to see ya.
Hi Michelle-
I hope things are going well for you. Can I get your address? I want to send you a Christmas card!
Post a Comment