Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A few things I forgot to mention....


It seemed to be love at first sight for these two....

I could tell that from first glance my little guy was quite smitten with Cinderella and right away they hit if off. He gazed into her sparkling eyes and pulled out his best charm & for a moment they seemed to be a match made in heaven.

...Until that is the princess asked P-Man how old he was... then things went a little down hill....

"FOUR", he answered proudly.

"Ohhh MYYYY", she replied as dramatically as a good princess would. "You are just growing us SO FAAAST, aren't you?".

"YES", he proudly answered. And without missing a beat went on to tell her,

*(here is the kicker:)*

"And do you know what? My FINGERNAILS are growing s0 fast, TOO!".

What?! What kind of a line was that?!

(Oh no. Please don't show her the ridiculously fast growing nails that I meant to trim before the trip but didn't trim before the trip.)

Trying her darndest to not bust up laughing, she managed a "Hmmm... let me see"... I winced as she turned his little hand over in hers to examine the claws that I knew she would find...

I was too embarrassed to hear what she responded with next, but thankfully I think the princess was more humored than disgusted with this proud confession. In fact, the adoration that she went on to pour upon our matter-of-fact little guy seemed to indicate that maybe, just maybe he had made the comment of the day.
Phew. She must have been swindled by the dimples. Those things are going to come in quite handy for him with the ladies down the road.
I always knew Cinderella was my favorite princess. :)
*
Another chart-topping comment Parker made was when we were in line for the Matterhorn for the second time. As nicely as he could, he said,
"Mom? Could you please try your hardest to not scream on this ride? It REALLY hurt my ears last time."
Did my four year old just tell me not to scream on one of the scariest rides in the park?
Uh, okay buddy. I couldn't make the promise because I knew I probably wouldn't keep it.
What can I say except that I guess this means that my 4-year-old is braver than his Mom....:) As Chris would say, I suppose I need to, "toughen up".
Posted by Picasa

Oh, and the last and not nearly as entertaining detail I forgot to mention was that we hit the beach on our last day in Cali. It was cold (it being November), stinky and ridden with hooligans but still gotta love the beach. The kiddos were in heaven. A smelly one that made them shiver but still pure bliss.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I love Cinderellas face in that second pic. How funny was that?! Parker is such a funny little man.

Hollie said...

I'm laughing so hard right now. The fingernail comment, just too cute!

Karen said...

That is super funny! Parker is SUCH a charmer. If I wasn't married, I think I'd have a crush on him!!!

Don't those nails grow so fast?!! I've actually thought about this lately. When I taught primary several years ago there was a kid in my class who always had long nails, and I told myself I would NEVER be "that mom" whose kids have long grubby nails. Especially not on Sunday. That was before I knew how fast they grew! Counting mine I have 100 nails to clip every time! I try to do them all at once, but if someone is gone at school, I don't always remember later. I have looked down during Sacrament meeting a couple of times and noticed one of the big boys having overgrown nails with dirt under them. Ewww! I guess I am "that mom" sometimes...

cabeandmelplus3 said...

So cute! I love the fingernail comment. Too funny. What priceless pictures. So glad you guys have a magical time. I love reading all your posts.