Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Trees, Gymnastics and Twilight all in one post...




Missy Em has been dazzled by the Christmas buildup this last few weeks and was excited to go and see all the "Kin-kuss" trees as she calls them.


I have to say, The Festival is fantastic. The trees are always amazing, and I especially love to read the touching stories behind them, which are donated in behalf of lost loved ones and whose proceeds go to benefit Primary Childrens Hospital.

Unfortunately, this year I wasn't able to do much reading....


I was too busy chasing a couple of unruly blonde-haired munchkins...


Yep. Popcorn again. We had to give in and purchase some right away. Why is it that my kids only seem to be well-behaved when food is at hand? This bought us about 10 minutes of peace....which was well worth the cost of the popcorn...and Chris' annoyance in having to get it for them. :)


Not too long after they finished their finger-lickin' eats I found myself bounding into some sweet gymnastics moves from back in the day to prevent complete destruction of beautiful trees and displays not to mention in effort of preventing horrifying and utter embarrassment. With the KSL radio booth just feet away, news headlines of a 2-year-old terror who 'ruined the Festival of Trees' were filing through my head as I contorted into moves I didn't know I was still capable of in order to save the eye-catching presentations that took countless hours, much hard work and creativity beyond my comprehension from crashing down at the hand of my little one.


I do suppose it's too much to expect a two-year-old to restrain herself with eye candy and plethoras of toys such as this right at her fingertips:


But why does it always seem to be my kids who are the only ones not sitting nicely enjoying the sites at such establishments? I am trying to decide whether we need counseling or The Nanny or both. I will let you know. :)

Welcome to my life.

Note to self: Get a babysitter next year and leave the kids at home. :)

Back to the festival... the trees were stunning as usual....


...& creative as always. This surfer Santa was one of my favorites. Three trees shaped into waves...GENIUS! As my good old High School American History teacher, Mr. Gillen, would say, "Way to use that Yankee Ingenuity!".

Love it. :)

In honor of one of Emmie's favorite songs these days... 'Once There Was a Snowman', this was another deserving of some creative props...


& yes, you are looking at a Twilight tree. One of many at the Festival this year. I heard the words "completely obsessive" muttered by a woman and her daughter in observance of this tree. Maybe so.

But I'm not gonna lie. I didn't mind the Jacob and Edward adorned trees.

...& in case you wondered, I am Team Edward.

No really I am. :)

No comments: