Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Emmie

Emmie turned TWO today!!!
We had her birthday party on the 23rd but wanted to make sure to do something fun as a fam on her actual big day... So where else do you take a water-loving two year old?
COWABUNGA BAY of course!
We've driven by this place a hundred times on the freeway & I'm always thinking how cornball it looks, but it was actually really fun! The kids had such a great time and I'm so glad we decided to go! I not only got in free with a coupon, but we scored by having it be the first day back to school, so it wasn't crowded at all!
The kids loved floating down the lazy river and there were even a few slides that Emmie could go down.
But first we woke up and opened the Birthday Girl's presents awaiting her downstairs. Between what she got today and on Monday at her party, this girl is in baby doll HEAVEN! I snagged that cute little crib, swing, and stroller set on an after Christmas clearance at Target for $14.99! Talk about a steal. Chris thought I was a nut to buy it 8 months prior to her b-day but I'm so glad I did. I think it's going to be a hit.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMMIE!
More b-day festivities to come.
...Once I recover from the craziness of this week... !:)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Yay! Happy Birthday to Emmie! It looks like she had a lot of fun!

Hollie said...

Happy Birthday cute little Emmie! What a darling doll she is!
And Cowabunga Bay?! I see mother of the year in your future. I paid my boys so I wouldn't have to take them. But if it's really not as cheesey as it looks, maybe we'll have to go?
Oh and thanks for taking Addi to her first day of school, and getting pictures and all. Hope she wasn't too much trouble. You're fantastic!

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

How fun! We drove by that place when we were in Utah for the 4th of July-it looks like a blast! You always have Em dressed so cute! Glad to see that you are all doing well!

Grandma Jane said...

What fun! HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMIE. Looks like you had a blast. Love you. Grandma Jane.