About a month ago we had to put the crayons on lockdown after
Little Missy Mischief had 5 too many incidences like this one:
The face says it all.
(What you don't see is the couch that she colored all over as well. No big deal. It's just smeared in there with the peanut butter and oreo hands that didn't get damage control before the couch diving portion of the afternoon began...one too many times...)
It's amazing what ravage these little ones can manage in a matter of seconds!
It's times like these that I remind myself that this is why (okay maybe not WHY, but why it's GOOD that) 80% of our furniture are old hand me downs, and a good reminder of why there is no rush to move into our "dream home" any time soon. With brand new furniture and a museum for a home I would lose it when these inevitable instances were to occur.
Which would be often.
Which means I would be in the looney bin....
Which wouldn't be pretty.
Therefore, I do love my humble little abode which can stand a little rough housing from the kiddos now and then without me completely pulling my hair out. (I said completely..)
We're going to be strolling this walk of life for a while so we may as well enjoy it in stride and try not to sweat the small stuff, right?
That's what I keep trying to tell myself anyways. :)
& as a handy tip of the day and to maintain sanity in cleaning up after the munchkins, keeping these pups on hand is a must:
-Just when I thought I couldn't love Lysol/Clorox wipes any more...
THEY GET BETTER!!!

Have you used these little gems? One side is scratchy (perfect for cleaning toilet seats used by 4 year old boys) and one side smooth. It was the only thing that took the crayon off the walls. & no, it didn't scratch them up.
BLESS THEM!
My birthday is coming. Some containers of these, a Shark steamer mop and some Bath and Body Works Island Nectar and Caribbean Escape hand soap (foamy) would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and a gift certificate to Pier 1 Imports(have you been in there lately?!), a shopping spree at the outlets in Park City, family pictures, and a night out with my husband would be awesome. In case you were wondering. ;) Yes, the list goes on, but I wouldn't want to overwhelm anyone. ;)
xoxo

6 comments:
God bless the little children. I have had two of mine open a bottle of nail polish and spill it on the carpet...
I almost never wear nail polish too...just my luck.
As for the walls I am really excited about the handy new lysol wipes, they are on my shopping list.
Thanks for the tip!
Oh how I miss you Michelle. Your little Em is so adorable! You are so down to earth and I would love to be a fly on your walls! And by the way you deserve EVERYTHING that you listed and whatever is on the continued list for your birthday! :)
I hear ya on the soap and Shark Steamer, and everything else for that matter! Ya, I would say my job is 75% cleaning, thanks for that tips!
Oooh, it's good to know that about the lysol wipes. I've been using WD40 to remove crayon, which has a lot more chemicals/fumes. The wipes will be much better. I love that pic of Emmy! she's like, "Who, ME???"
Oh, my! I know that look and ART well! I used the magic eraser, but I'm pretty sure it takes a little paint off too. Thanks for sharing the tip about the lysol wipes - I'll be sure to stock up!
Hope you had an amazing birthday!!
Post a Comment