It's official.
Her first 18 months flew by and this sweet little face started nursery last month.
Crazy. Exciting....
SO many plusses:
She is willing to go and seems to enjoy it. My 2 cute neighbors are her darling teachers. I can actually go to Sunday School and hear the lesson. I don't have to roam the hall with my disruptive toddler when I should be in class with the YW.
All great, right?
Just one problem. So far we've only been able to go every other week.
WHY?
You guessed it.
GeRmS.
It is almost inevitable that this smiling, cheerful face turns to this sad one:
several days later upon spending a few hours in nursery. I am so torn. Not to be negative, but a fever (102.7), cough, constant goop and a miserable little girl seem to outweigh the benefits of sending her. Especially when the following Sunday we have to skip church in order to avoid spreading the same germs that someone else so lovingly decided to bring with them the previous week and share with my Em.



5 comments:
Yeah and oh no! Em's little sad face is so darling. Bless her heart. I hear you on the germs. Seems like Gage is constantly battling a runny nose. Good luck!
I guess with little Em getting sick so often you ARE the only ones who don't bring your sick kids to church! How sad and frustrating!! And you have some scary diseases going 'round too, not just runny noses. Hopefully the illnesses will taper off with spring on it's way!
Ben was the next best thing to an official "Lysol Nursery Specialist" when we were in there, so that totally made me laugh. Half the time he didn't even play with the kids he just sprayed down toys. Oh, and he wasn't afraid to take kids to their parents and say they seemed too sick to be there. I was always too chicken to do that.
Emmie is so stinkin' cute! I can't believe how old she looks!
I know. We seriously go every other week. It's lame because Tyler LOVES nursery, and so do I- two hours of free babysitting;)
Hey Michelle-I haven't been on your blog for months now, but sorry to hear that emmi got sick from nursery! I promise we do sanitize their hands constantly. But maybe calling an additional "lysol specialist" would be a good idea.
Post a Comment