My cute little brother and his darling fiance, Kylie, got married last Thursday, June 11th in the Salt Lake Temple! It was SUCH a fun day. Steven was beaming with pride as he escorted his stunning bride around the rainy temple grounds. She looked so beautiful in her white dress and red sash - I LOVED it! There was a huge downpour of rain just prior to them exiting the temple, but luckily it cleared up for family pictures. Unlucky for them, the rains turned back on after the family portion of pictures ended.
JUNE 11, 2009
The reception was at a place called the Canterbury up in Bountiful. What a neat place! The colors were red and pink with a lime green accent, and everything looked super cute. Parker was in HEAVEN.... between the yummy candy bar (is that the cutest thing? Bethany and Brett had one too and whoever came up with the idea gets a giant gold star - LOVE THEM! ) and having TONS of room to run around, it's pretty safe to say he had a ball. He even snuck into their getaway limo (a surprise for Kylie) to test it out before the bride and groom made their way into it. Parker and Emmie got their grooves on when the music turned up and the dancing started. Emmie (who was sooo tired by that point) got this huge grin on her face, laid herself on the floor, and just started rolling around and laughing to the beat. I was so busy laughing and snapping her picture, I'm not sure anyone else even caught the moment, but she definitely had me smiling! She loves music - it's so cute.
At the end of the night, the happy couple made their exit through a man made hall of sparklers and off they went into their white stretch limo....
What a GREAT DAY! Exhausting with kids, I tell ya, but so fun.
I am soooo happy for them and I'm thrilled to be getting Kylie as a new sister!
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS S&K!!!
What are the newlyweds up to now???
Oh they are off honeymooning on a Caribbean cruise....
Nope. No jealousy here. Not at all.
Okay, maybe just little. More though of just the thought of an hour or two of just laying in the sun with a yummy fruity beverage with a little umbrella in it with NO INTERRUPTIONS would give me great satisfaction. I don't need the whole ten day trip. Just a couple of hours of it. THAT'S what makes me breathe out a "Wow, that'd be nice" sigh.
JUNE 11, 2009
The reception was at a place called the Canterbury up in Bountiful. What a neat place! The colors were red and pink with a lime green accent, and everything looked super cute. Parker was in HEAVEN.... between the yummy candy bar (is that the cutest thing? Bethany and Brett had one too and whoever came up with the idea gets a giant gold star - LOVE THEM! ) and having TONS of room to run around, it's pretty safe to say he had a ball. He even snuck into their getaway limo (a surprise for Kylie) to test it out before the bride and groom made their way into it. Parker and Emmie got their grooves on when the music turned up and the dancing started. Emmie (who was sooo tired by that point) got this huge grin on her face, laid herself on the floor, and just started rolling around and laughing to the beat. I was so busy laughing and snapping her picture, I'm not sure anyone else even caught the moment, but she definitely had me smiling! She loves music - it's so cute.At the end of the night, the happy couple made their exit through a man made hall of sparklers and off they went into their white stretch limo....
What a GREAT DAY! Exhausting with kids, I tell ya, but so fun.
I am soooo happy for them and I'm thrilled to be getting Kylie as a new sister!
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS S&K!!!
What are the newlyweds up to now???
Oh they are off honeymooning on a Caribbean cruise....
Nope. No jealousy here. Not at all.
Okay, maybe just little. More though of just the thought of an hour or two of just laying in the sun with a yummy fruity beverage with a little umbrella in it with NO INTERRUPTIONS would give me great satisfaction. I don't need the whole ten day trip. Just a couple of hours of it. THAT'S what makes me breathe out a "Wow, that'd be nice" sigh.
Anyone else???
You have to have small rambunctious kids to even begin to relate to me here. :)
You have to have small rambunctious kids to even begin to relate to me here. :)
6 comments:
How do you make these cute photo collages??! And what a gorgeous couple and wedding! Oh, and I HEAR you about the 2 hour cruise! Haha!
What a BEAUTIFUL wedding! I LOVE her cake! That cruise does sound really nice just about now! Oh, Jeanine-use Picasa 3..you can google it and download it for free. Then after all of your pictures are in there, there is a collage maker down at the bottom of the program. Michelle taught me how to make them :)
The sash must be the new thing, my sister-in-law just had one too. Amazing how things have changed since we were married. With the wedding over how about getting together. What's your schedule in the next week or so?
What a perfect day for a wedding! (Jared and I actually got married on June 11---we just celebrated our 5 yr anniversary, wahoo!) And how awesome they got to leave in a stretch limo. Sounds like it was a perfect wedding. And I'm glad to hear that little Emmy has got her groove on! :)
Yeah the crazy summer wedding extravaganza is over!! I know it was stressful for you but you and your kids looked beautiful!! It is always fun to go to a wedding, I love to remember how much fun I had a mine. Wow that was a while ago now! Well anyway... I was think this morning(to early I might add) that we should do a play date/ lunch or something. I would love to host and then Marci and maybe Michelle can come too. Let me know if and when you are up to it.
Shannon
What a cute new sister! LOVE her cake!! And I'm sure everyone was saying this to the happy couple, but when Trav and I got married it was super rainy too & everyone kept telling us "Rain on your wedding day is good luck." I thought it was just something people say to make the couple feel better, but after 7 years of bliss, I'd say it's true!!! (Oh, and the rain makes your pictures way prettier too.) :)
Post a Comment