Emmie's birthday was in late August and she'd been talking about her "Rainbow" party for months. Even though I'd been so sick and on bedrest, I knew that if she didn't have her party that she'd be crushed. We ended up throwing her a very low key, last minute party (invites went out on Saturday, and the party was the following Tuesday) & I was just grateful that I'd done most of the planning for it as I was planning Parker's the month before, so I had most of the things I needed for it. I felt bad for not inviting the boys she is friends with (we are surrounded by lots of little boys) but I knew I couldn't handle that many kids...plus it was a rainbow party... girly, right?

The Birthday Cutie!
I can't believe she is five!
The Birthday Cutie!
I can't believe she is five!
Chris took the day off to help me... I couldn't have done it without him! It was really simple though and these cute girls made it so easy - they are so great!
The activities...
Lunch, decorating piñata bags, piñata smashing...

Bingo, with fruit loops of course. :)
(Um, bingo is a huge hit with 5 year olds!)
Lunch, decorating piñata bags, piñata smashing...

Bingo, with fruit loops of course. :)
(Um, bingo is a huge hit with 5 year olds!)

...Present opening...
I honestly love each of these cute girls so much! They all live closeby and we've carpooled either to dance, preschool, or gymnastic on top of many playdates...also I teach a handful of them in Primary at church...not only do I love each of them so much but I adore their amazing moms! Seriously all of them! One of whom sewed Emmie the cutest apron ever (top left) and gave a cookbook to go with... so fun and thoughtful!: :)

Watching them play together like this made my heart so happy... possibly one of the cutest scenes ever. :)

I couldn't pass up making a rainbow cake. :) Cotton candy for the clouds!
Would have made them fluffier but didn't realize we had bought multi colored cotton candy and ran out of blue.



1 comment:
Honestly Michelle, nothing tops the parties you throw for your kids! Seriously, I never cease to be amazed at how adorable and well thought-out everything is! The rainbow theme was darling and Emmie looks like she's bursting with excitement. Nice job Momma!
Post a Comment