Tuesday, December 31, 2013

September catch up

September pics...

Pretty blessed to have these little bundles of cuteness/joy/fun (& sometimes trouble) in our lives!

Parker wanted to take a pic since we were all matching in our red bottoms.... Plus Mom was actually out of bed and dressed! :) Okay in all actuality, anyone who knows me well, knows that I could be on my death  bed and I would still manage to shower and wear makeup. I never skip a day... ever. :) Maybe a little bit OCD... maybe a little bit vain...I say just very hygienic and possibly a little bit frightened of the alternative staring back at me in the mirror...;) Getting ready for the day always makes me feel better about life. Always. :)

My birthday came and went mid September.
I think that I have the best birth date in the whole world. Don't ask me why, I just do.  :)
 (Maybe because I love the fall so much...)
Then again, maybe everyone feels that way about their birthday?
My cute husband and kids brought me home this perfect tiny cake and - my favorite- polkadot balloons, in two of my favorite colors. I was still really taking it easy and cannot remember for the life of me what we did to celebrate (or what I got?)? Oh my sad little mind... I think that we maybe went out to dinner just the five of us? Then later in the month my Dad and Melissa threw me such a nice birthday party/dinner. Melissa asked me what my favorite dessert was and I of course said cookies... so she made me a giant chocolate chip cookie layered ice cream cake! SO cute (and so delicious!) and so nice! We also celebrated with the Hansens at the end of the month, along with Becky's end-of-the-month b-day.

These cute girls love to play house in the toy room in the basement. Emmie loves to put Lexi "down for naps" (hence the doll blankets) on their mini couch, and Lexi goes right along with it. Love those cute girls!

Emmie started dance in September. Again. She took a hiatus from it last year, but we started it again in September. We carpool with two of her cute friends and Emmie really likes it... that is when she's not day dreaming and actually watches so she knows what to do!....what a dreamer girl she is! And maybe just a bit ADD...I find she does a lot better (in everything) when I am consistently giving her her chewy fish oil vitamins. There is research showing that it really helps kids who have a hard time paying attention, and I notice it really does make a difference for her.

Parker is doing great in 1st Grade! I love to read his little essays. :)

This little one loves her babies. Any and all of them. She has the cutest little bounce ever when she "rocks" them. I LOVE this two year old!!
As I was starting to have days where I was beginning to feel somewhat better, I really REALLY was craving to go to my favorite place - the Thanksgiving Point Gardens and spend quality time with my favorite foursome, and do something I love (but am not great at) - take a few pictures!

Seriously love this place! I could stay there all day. We took a picnic dinner and it was heaven. :)
 I hadn't been outside much in 6 or 7 weeks so it was sooo nice to breathe in the fresh air and take in the beauty of my surroundings. It was also the first exercise I had attempted since failing my stress test with oxygen dropping to the mid 60's. I had a little bit of a hard time breathing here and there but overall it was fine.
 
Just beyond grateful for this sweet fam of mine! I don't know what I did to be so blessed but I feel pretty darn lucky that they are mine. All four of them. :) 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: