Well, as to be expected, life went on even while I was dealing with these health issues. :)
It may be almost Christmas, but better late than never to mention that these two cuties started back to school in late August! :)
Our Preschooler and big First Grader
I always loved the beginning of a new school year when I was growing up! New clothes, new opportunity for more new friends, new classes, new experiences, a whole new, fresh start!
Watching my own kids now go through this is really fun.
I'm not sure who was more excited and nervous this year - them or me...
After a very lame last four weeks of summer due to me being down in bed, I was grateful that they'd be getting back to a little controlled structure, but meanwhile felt really guilty for the way their summer ended and all the fun things I had hoped to do that we missed out on.
Oh well, sometimes you just can't help these things!

It's been a whole new experience for me to have this little guy gone all day at school. I admit, I shed a few tears on his first day as I realized this was just the beginning of a whole new stage of life (that will last likely another 18 years) for him. He's growing up and the fact that he has a good 6 1/2 hours a day that I'm not a part of is a whole new concept for me. He is doing great though... he isn't shy at all about jumping in and making new friends (which he's done), he loves recess (what kid doesn't?) and he's reading on a 3rd grade level. I'm super grateful that his teacher is on board with keeping him challenged & we're happy with how the year is going for him.
It may be almost Christmas, but better late than never to mention that these two cuties started back to school in late August! :)
Our Preschooler and big First Grader
I always loved the beginning of a new school year when I was growing up! New clothes, new opportunity for more new friends, new classes, new experiences, a whole new, fresh start!
Watching my own kids now go through this is really fun.
I'm not sure who was more excited and nervous this year - them or me...
After a very lame last four weeks of summer due to me being down in bed, I was grateful that they'd be getting back to a little controlled structure, but meanwhile felt really guilty for the way their summer ended and all the fun things I had hoped to do that we missed out on.
Oh well, sometimes you just can't help these things!
It's been a whole new experience for me to have this little guy gone all day at school. I admit, I shed a few tears on his first day as I realized this was just the beginning of a whole new stage of life (that will last likely another 18 years) for him. He's growing up and the fact that he has a good 6 1/2 hours a day that I'm not a part of is a whole new concept for me. He is doing great though... he isn't shy at all about jumping in and making new friends (which he's done), he loves recess (what kid doesn't?) and he's reading on a 3rd grade level. I'm super grateful that his teacher is on board with keeping him challenged & we're happy with how the year is going for him.
This little one is in her second year of preschool. Technically, she could have started Kindergarten this year, but with her birthday just barely making the deadline, she would have been the very youngest in her class. My birthday is just 3 weeks later (just missing the deadline), and I LOVED being one of the oldest in my grade. I think there's so many advantages later on and I've never met a person who has regretted that decision for their child. (Plus this keeps she and P two years apart in school, since we did the same for him.) Her preschool this year is just 4 1/2 hours a week... I wish it were a tiny bit longer, but she is loving it. The school is renowned for their reading program and although we LOVED the preschool at the elementary school last year that she went to, they don't teach reading (they won't teach above what they will in Kindergarten - so lame), so we went with this one (P went here his 2nd yr of preschool too). She really is learning to read, we adore her teacher, and she is doing a great job! We carpool with 3 other friends and do a playdate with them afterwards once a week. It works out so nicely. She is also doing gymnastics and dance so Friday is her only real "day off".
And as for Miss Lexi, she is not without school herself... Emmie is really sweet (most of the time) with Lex and loves to "teach" her school during the day. Lexi is SUCH a good little sport and does pretty much whatever her "teacher" asks of her. It's so fun to watch them play and I am grateful they have time to really bond with each other during the day this year. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment