Sunday, January 6, 2013

Wedding bells!

Dustin (Chris' brother) and Sarai got married back in October!


We just love Sarai and feel so lucky to have her join the family!
Dustin turns the big 3-0 in a few weeks, so it was a long time comin' (just sayin'! Love ya D!), but definitely well worth the wait for this cute sister in law! ;) We adore her!
 
 
October 27th... It was a beautiful, sunny, Fall day at the Salt Lake Temple!
 
 
{Of course I have to insert my own fam photo snapped that day... they don't happen very often!} :)

Sweet Grandpa Lonczyna passed away 3 weeks after the wedding (Nov 15) at 97 years old. It was so special that he made it to the entire day of wedding events. He hadn't been doing well leading up to it, but came the entire day and we even had him dancing in his wheelchair that night at the reception! He was such a trooper and I just felt that he was determined to make it to this event for Dustin, whom is named after him (middle name), and whom he also baptized. We miss Grandpa but feel so blessed for the long and abundant life he lived and I know he is closeby watching over us all... I can hear his raspy Ukranian accent in my head and it just brings a smile to my face. I adore that sweet man...

The Hansens not only did the entire wedding dinner the night before, but also the reception! The above picture is from the dinner... it looked AMAZING! They did it at Chris' parent's church, but I've never seen a church transformed like this... not even close! It looked incredible! Not to mention, the food was great! Eric and Brett (brother and bro in law) stayed up almost the entire night smoking all kinds of meat. The Hansens are serious about good food, in case you wondered!
The Reception....


This is the only group pic I got of us all right before the reception, but right after taking it we realized that Bethany and Brett weren't even there yet! I'm still including it because it's the only one I have! Sorry B & B! :) It was a little chaotic right before because like I said, the Hansens did all of the decorating, set up, etc.... crazy, BUSY day!


The reception was at this little barn in Draper and turned out so cute! My sis in law, Sarah made the awesome cake.  Lots of love went into the reception and it turned out perfectly.The dancing at the end of the night was soooo much fun! My hubs doesn't dance (it might be hereditary because his brother Zach  apparently doesn't either ;),so ya know that song, "I'm gonna party like it's 1999"....yeah, well, it came to mind because it's basically been about that long since I got my groove on! I might have looked like a complete idiot, but who cares, it was still so much fun! :)

Congrats Dustin and Sarai!
Our kids are looking forward to the beautiful, brunette cousins you're going to provide them!
xo
Posted by Picasa

No comments: