Thursday, January 17, 2013

Stylish...one of the cool things you learn in preschool


Emmie has been loving her first year of preschool!

She is Little Miss Confident, and going to school only boosts her in this area.
She is 4 going on 14, that is for sure!
 I love that she's so excited to try new things and adapts to them easily.

She was so proud to be "Star of the Week" back in November. I got to go to her class and tell them about some of her favorite things. I was relieved to see that she wasn't embarrassed to have me there. I guess I have a few more years before those days arrive....

  She's learned alot, including the new vocabulary word, "STYLISH".
I know, because I hear it used, in all different contexts, all day! Who knew they taught such things in Preschool? ;) She goes around saying things like, "Wow Mom, that's stylish!", or after coloring a picture, "Super stylish!". Or after putting the finishing touch on her wardrobe with a scarf or a final fluff of her hair, she'll say with relief, "Okay, NOW I'm stylish". Or often times, she just gives the simple approving raise of the eyebrows and a purse of the lips, followed by a nonchalant "STYLISH", & walk away. And  my personal favorite, when someone hasn't behaved the way she wants them to, like Cinderella's evil Stepsisters, she'll declare, "Ohhh, they're NEVER going to be stylish".
Which to her, is the ultimate punishment.
Watch out!
So if you want to know whether you're stylish or not, just ask our little Queen of the word, Judge of the Style.
 Truth be told, I suspect she doesn't  really understand it's true meaning, but I have no plans to burst her bubble anytime soon.
Are you kidding?
I've never been so "stylish" in all my life!
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amanda said...

OH,I love this post. How hilarious to hear her say "stylish". She's so cute! Don't you just love having a girl?!