Thursday, August 30, 2012

Swimming lessons

 
One of the highlights of our summer by far for the kids, was their four weeks (2 sessions) of swimming lessons. They were taught by a college girl (on the BYU swim team) and her brother at a nearby private residence, and they
LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!
 Even when they seemed to be were practically drowning, don't worry, they were oblivious. They had smiles on their faces and were just sure they were becoming the world's greatest swimmers. Parker especially was convinced, I know because he told me that he might need to compete in the Olympics.
Although I can't really say that they came out ready for Rio in four years (er that they can even really doggy-paddle "swim" by themselves yet), I was so proud of their efforts, their upbeat attitudes and their courage in the water. Their no-fear attitudes terrify ME, but we'll just keep taking those lessons year after year until they can swim like the fish they think they are!

Meanwhile, I think the only unsupervised water I'll leave them in for now is the bath.
Who knew swim lessons could be such a source of FUN?!
Somehow I only recall anxiety from mine...!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Wow, I am jealous that your swim lessons went so well. Maybe private is the way to go since they get so much one-on-one time. I did lessons at the aquatic center and they were a DISASTER. In fact, Turin utterly refused to enter the building after day 3. Adorable pics as usual!