Sunday, September 9, 2012

Let the parties begin...

The birthday extravaganzas are finally coming to a close around here....
For a minute.
So now that I HAVE a minute, it seems like a good time to catch up on recording some of them! :)
The day after Parker's friend party, ( post of which is coming soon!), we had the Hansens over for a little celebration.
We surprised the Birthday Boy with this that day:


He had worn out his Buzz Light Year (ahem, piece of junk) bike from the year before, so this was his birthday request. His only requirement was that it be his favorite color, RED (2nd choice was orange). It took some serious searching around for a good quality RED bike, & thankfully Chris found this one at the last minute.
 It was a hit!
After racing it up and down the street for a few minutes, I asked him if he liked it.
He told me, "NO, I LOVE it!!!".  

I didn't do much for this party...all my birthday efforts went into his party the day before and I was just ready for a nap by the time this one rolled around! Apparently a few others were ready for one too... hence the THREE nappers in the pics above. Ha! I love it. I don't blame them, I would have been snoozing too if I could have. Parker loves this crew. They were nice to come out in honor of his bday. We barbequed and I even reused the 2/3 leftover cake from his friend party the day before. Call me tacky. I don't even care. :) Why make more to just be wasted?
 No thanks...

And since we all happened to have coordinating outfits on we had to take a family picture!


The next morning was Parker's actual birthday. Here he is opening his gifts in his jams before Dad had to run to work and the rest of us were off to church. 

That night we were off to Grandpa Todd's for yet another birthday celebration, complete with new Baby Jack in attendance, a Spiderman cake, and the the dart game!

Just a few of his awesome gifts... I love the girl's faces - they say it all!

On Monday, Chris' day off, we went on our family birthday outting. For the past few years, we have gone to Boondocks for P's big day, but this year we decided to try out a  new place - Planet Play. It was pretty fun and the mini bowling was a hit!

Yep, we pretty much celebrated his birthday for four days straight! We might be crazy. And tired. :) But, he looks forward to his birthday all year so I don't mind making a big deal out of it. After all HE IS a big deal.
I can't believe he is SIX!
We are so blessed to have him in our family & we love him so much!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

James and Marianne said...

So cute, Happy Birthday, Parker! Six is so fun, I hope he's loving kindergarten too.