Last night.
11 p.m.
Lights on.
E snoring on the floor.
Dog snoozing on the bed.
Don't be startled by the disarray. It's simply Emmie's nightly (& multiple daily) ritual of,
"I should be asleep in bed but instead I'm going to rip apart my room again routine."
A real favorite around here.
On a side note worth mentioning, E's chandelier is so bright I can't believe that she and her new-found bunkmate can sleep with that thing on.
I guess ripping apart the house all day can result in extreme exhaustion.
Heck, I know from personal experience that putting it back together again does.
Exhausted I am.:)
3-year-olds. This thirty-something can't keep up.
I'm just sayin'.
{And yes, we proudly wear xmas pajamas in any season they will fit.;)}

8 comments:
My kids always wear Christmas pjs and socks! I know some of it is my fault for being such a sucker for Christmas clothing. We totally relate to the ripping apart the room routine. It is exhausting! I have to say I hugged my kiddos a lot tighter after reading about your little nephew. Wow! I can't even imagine and hope I never can. It sure helps remind us what to be grateful for and how not to focus on the fact that the house isn't picked up huh? Thanks for sharing and best of luck to Atticus and his family.
McKenna is the SAME way! I was so exasperated, that I finally brought it up with the pediatrician. He suggested I put her on melatonin to help her sleep. It has made a HUGE difference for us. I rarely need to use it now that she is used to going to sleep at a decent time. She still insists on sleeping with the light on, though! Good luck!
And as for your last post... you have changed my view of birthdays. You are right that every moment counts.
Atticus is still in my family's daily prayers. I think about him all the time and hope that he and his family are hanging in there. I just can't even imagine the heartache that you all must be going through.
Michelle! How are you guys doing?? I love that picture. that is hilarious! The funniest part is your dog is in the bed. Totally know what you mean about the Christmas pajamas. I think the boys are still wearing Christmas pajamas from two years ago that I have yet put in storage. Oh well. You guys look great and your kids are cute as can be!
Hey! Siena has those same snowman pj's and so does Turin, and they wear them EVERY NIGHT. I must have made a big deal about wearing them in Dec, b/c they keep telling Jared that they CAN'T wear any other jammies b/c "Mommy will be sad if we don't wear our snowmans." he he.
How adorable!!! I love that Roxy jumped in to supervise...or help in the destruction!
That's adorable!
Aza is totally in this face of arching her neck back as far toward her back as she can, which propels her, ever so slightly, in a circle. After a half hour of this she will have flipped herself 180 degrees! What a little stinker. She's in her crib right now, perpendicular to her sister. Hilarious.
Post a Comment