Sunday, March 4, 2012

Boy's night makes for a girl's night

A week ago last Monday, Chris announced that he was taking Parker to the Star Wars movie that came out in the theater.
I was all for it.
 The poor kid has watched in surplus his fair share of Netflix Strawberry Shortcake reruns, and dutifully played his part as Emmie's "pince" lately more than any good 5 year old boy should ever have to. He didn't even mind riding on E's pink scooter a few weeks back when she wanted to switch him vehicles midway through our walk.
He is a good sport, that boy (okay, most of the time that is).
 I figured some serious Darth Vader action, spaceship time, & light saber fighting, (or whatever it is they do in those Star Wars movies because I honestly have no idea) would serve to remind him that he does likes boyish things. A date with Dad does a little guy good every once in a while, right? I'd say so. :)
To make sure Emmie didn't get all jealous of their night out, I told her that the girls were staying home and having our own party.
 It worked.
 She was excited.
I realized about 5 minutes after the boys left that she had misunderstood my definition of "party" when she asked when our guests were going to arrive. I quickly explained to her that her dolls and stuffed animals were our guests, and thankfully, she was just as excited.
So we started the party.
 And she wanted to take pictures.
Because apparently that's part of what you do at parties.:)
So we did.
Emmie (in her favorite mismatched hot pink party shoes) and her party goers.
 Quite a diverse group. Even the teddy bear I bought when we were on our honeymoon 11 years ago (cringe that I'm old enough to be married that long...yiiiikes!) made the guest list. Emmie has recently adopted the tattered little guy. Lucky him. :)
She really has a big heart for the misfits.

The three girls.
 I love that the word daughter is now a plural one in our home. I love that I have these girls to do "girly" things with for the rest of my life. How did I get so lucky? And Emmie, she's most definitely girly. She had us singing and dancing our little hearts out (okay maybe more her little heart out) for our guests.
And this little attendee loved every minute of the entertainment!
We ended our "party"  like every good party should, with
chocolate ice cream and oreos.
We loved our girl time!
And Parker felt refreshed and renewed to be a boy upon his return from watching a bunch of Jedis beat each other up.
 Or whatever it is that happens in that movie.
 (That must be close, right?:)
It was all around a successful night. ;)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kylie Kelly Fuller said...

I love it! I hope I can one day have a girls party at home! Lexi is so stinkin cute. We love all of your kids! It was so fun playing with them on Saturday!