Being sick for weeks leading into Month #1 of 2011
+ (PLUS)
my 2 most-looked-forward-to shows of the year premiering in January
(American Idol + The Bachelor)
+
Finally giving in and reading Breaking Dawn
=ed very little time for blogging last month.
(except for a few posts on an obsessed-over show...publicly outting my patheticness...)
So sad, I know.
So... surprise surprise....I continue to play the catch up game.
Here is our oh-so-exciting January in a nutshell:

It's official.
Little P-Man started his CTR class in Primary.
This status awards one with the honored kelly-green CTR ring. He was very proud of his new bling.
Little Sis was happy for him and stood by in support.
& no she didn't sport her Jessie boots to church.
Although it wouldn't have been the worst fashion choice she's made...not by a longshot.
We combined b-day celebrations for my Dad and Chris. This method of birthday parties is becoming a necessity for both my side of the fam and Chris'. Otherwise we would spend every Sunday at a party. Love parties and love family but that would be no good. One (or 2) a month is plenty for us.
I made Chris Ali's lemon cake from Lemon Poppy Inc. It was quite delish if I do say so myself and I will definitely be making it again!
I made Chris Ali's lemon cake from Lemon Poppy Inc. It was quite delish if I do say so myself and I will definitely be making it again!
My Mom stopped by on her way to a nursing board meeting in Salt Lake. She gave Emmie her anticipated manicure and pedicures and also brought this amazing quilt she made for me.
When my brother passed away we found a rainbow of bright colored silk shirts filling his closet. He was the Vice President of a well known computer franchise here in UT (also known for their crazy & dare I say obnoxious commercials) and one of his signature marks was to sport these bold shirts with his designer suits. My Mom took all the shirts and has made us all quilts out of them. She made red, black and white ones for my fanatical UTE fan Dad and little brother with U of U insignia on the back.
Yes your eyes don't fool - mine is hot pink (& black & silver).
That's right. He was a confident man and proudly wore HOT PINK.
They turned out beautiful and I cherish the sentimentality this blanket holds.
It will always be special to me.
Thanks Mom!
Parker learned about the human body.
Have a related question, and he will tell you it's function.
I love that he retains information so well.
THIS little girl continues to drink what does a body good in excessive amounts...
DANIMALS!
She is a bit obsessed with them & since she doesn't drink milk, I let her drink away. I hoard them when they go on sale because that is the only way I'll buy them.
P-Man was able to officially start back up with full-blown playgroup this month. Doctors didn't want him going back until January after his (Sept) accident so it's been great to be with his buddies again. We feel so lucky to have so many wonderful kids his age right on our street. ( 2 were absent this day)
I went to another fabulous Favorite Things Party 2010. I walked away with lots of awesome goodies, ideas, tips, & recipes....all the while indulging on some fabulous food! Some of my faves included vintage dessert glasses with lots of recipes to go in them, homemade granola, homemade laundry detergent + recipe, CUTE homemade magnets, great eye makeup remover, fun websites to explore.... the list goes on. What a fun party! I was excited to be invited again this year.
And we ended the month much like we started it - SICK! We spent the last weekend of the month accompanied by much throw up and pretty remarkable fevers.
Does it ever end?!
I have never missed so much church in my life.
On a whimsical note, I finally found pillows for our charcoal gray couch in the basement. It's only taken me a year to find something I love and thankfully Chris gave me a Target gift card for Christmas that enabled me to purchase my yellow flower pillows.
Aren't they cute?
I don't even like yellow.
But I like these.
They make me happy.


2 comments:
Well first of all, I for one, LOVE the boots. That girl belongs up here in cowgirl country. The quilt is so cute. I love those colors. What a fun mom you have. Glad P is back playing. Gotta love those playgroups. I also love those pillows. They make me happy too:) Glad you guys are feeling better. We were pretty sick in January too. Weird.
I have dreamt about having these exact pillows in my new romatic bedroom that I will one day have. You have great taste.:) I would love to get together. Let me know if you are up to it. You are always welcome here. We do venture that way frequently, so let me know!
Post a Comment