Sheesh! It seems that lately we've been go-go-go... with what exactly I'm not even 100%. I must be getting old or just have a mommy brain but I can hardly remember what takes place from day to day. It's as though it gets deleted as soon as I move on to the next one. All I know is that I'm exhausted by day's end.
That is where my friend the blog helps me out...I can journal a few things that otherwise I know will never make it to my hard drive.
So here are a few happenings as of late...
(Let's see what I can remember...!)
PARKER:
P started an Itty Bitty All-Ball class with his friend Zach through our local rec center. Today was his 3rd class of 6 and they are exposed to soccor, football and T-Ball. It's pretty darn cute, I must say.

WHEN Parker chooses to participate that is. For the last few months my little man who was
BORN independent (previously this kid could walk around a mall with no parent in sight without batting an eyelash) has suddenly turned into a VERY
clingy/whiney 3 1/2 year old when we do things with other kids. At our house he seems fine. But All-Ball class, Sunbeams at church, & playdates he REALLY struggles to detach himself from my arm. It drives me a bit crazy (& Chris even crazier) and we're not quite sure how to handle it. Even
bribery of playing the Wii, chocolate, or another love - the reward of popcorn at Target don't do the trick. When those didn't phase him I knew we had a big problem on our hands. But we are trying. And that is why I signed him up for this. He NEEDS this interaction in group settings!

EMMIE....
THIS little girl (who is sick AGAIN by the way!) has developed a strong sense of style. Well, I'm not sure STYLE is the right word seeming as most days she's a complete rag-a-muffin, but she has a STRONG opinion for what she wants to wear each day.
One of many examples:
The other night I heard her throwing up in her crib at 3 a.m. (awesome), so I go in, clean her & her crib up and get her new jams to wear. I found out that the ones I chose were NOT acceptable when she started screaming, "No! No!" over and over again. Really? You are throwing up, have a fever and it's 3 a.m. and you have an opinion on what jams you want to wear?
YES. She did. Whatever the 20 month old wants. So we had to lay out all her pajama options from her drawer so that she could make what she felt was the appropriate choice. It took her about 4 minutes of debating before she finally pointed and said, "Dose". I'm afraid this is only the beginning of a very opinionated girly girl. Happy day. :)
CHRIS
Has recently developed a love for Blu-Ray DVD's. This red-head doesn't express a lot of excitement over many things, but he gushes about those Blu-rays. He even convinced me to watch Iron Man with him. He was a bit offended that I was giggling in disbelief half way through (come on - the dude turns himself into a flying transformer that saves the world) but nontheless it was exciting and the blu-ray was pretty sweet - I will even admit. :)
ME:
So I have developed a strong liking for THIS American Idol contestant:
No, not Ryan Seacrest. LEE DEWYZE. He is amazing and I'd purchase his tunes in a minute. Not to mention he's pretty cute. I am rooting for him all the way!
I was a little perplexed just now as I was getting his pic and noticed that he was born the same year as my little bro - 7 years my junior. Really?? Dang. I really must be getting old.
Well that is plenty for now. Exciting, I know - for the one person who might still read my blog.... !
6 comments:
Sounds pretty exciting around there! Soccer, throw up, transformers, and a cute AI contestant! As for the creepy neighbors, I'd be freaked out too. I have watched way too many dateline's too, and 20/20. I don't even watch them anymore. I'm way to paranoid now. You have to keep us posted on any new info you get on them. Until then, I would not take cookies over to them just yet.
I would be lying if I said I hadn't had a few of the same thoughts about our neighbors. I don't think that makes us judgmental, just aware of our surroundings. At least that's how I'm justifying it.
I will be watching for you on the 5 o'clock news talking about how the neighbors were always a little bit crazy and how you knew somthing like this(fill in the blank here)was going to happen and you are just glad you had been up at 2 am looking out your window! Ha ha! I love reading your blog!
If digging noises are waking you up, call the cops. I mean it! It's disturbance of the peace... they won't know who called, and maybe they'll be caught in the act of body burying!
I hear you about clingy 3 year olds... we go through that quite often I must say. It's annoying, but I don't worry about it, per se. Hope we get to see you soon! =)
Gorgeous kids looking even more adorable that usual, if that's possible, in these pictures.
And I'm SO sorry about the weird neighbors. Uh, it can totally ruin a house you love to have crazies hear by. And digging??? It's not like their putting in a swimming pool so they must be making a mass grave, right?? I'd be in Emmie's room hanging out the window to get a better view of what's going on. Oh, try your new zoom lens out on them!!
Hope sweet Em feels better soon!!!
Loved reading the little tid-bits about each person. Emmnie cracks me up! I am glad you recorded her having an opinion at 3 am cuz she will never believe you when she is older. Too funny! I just love your whole fam!
Post a Comment