Thursday, February 25, 2010

Out of the mouths of my babies....

P is a serious chatterbox. This is funny to me because neither Chris nor myself are the non-stop chatty type. At all. :) But this little guy always has something to say. To anyone and everyone. I rarely attempt talking on the phone unless he's sleeping (hence I hardly make phone calls!) and forget trying to listen to the news (which I love) while I'm cooking. I'm lucky to hear one out of every 20 words or so over this little guy's high pitched chatter. Come to think of it, I think the only thing that keeps this little blondie quiet for a few consecutive minutes is that darn I-Phone... :)
Here are just a few of the things this 3 1/2 year old has said recently that have made me smile:
  • "Mom, I have something to tell you. I am soooo sorry about this. I couldn't get on the potty in your bathroom in time so I sprayed the wall all over. Daddy cleaned it up, but I am so, so sorry." Nice. At least he has remorse...
  • "Mom, if you want to play a game with me then you better give me a TREAT!" REALLY?! Who's bribing WHO to do WHAT?!
  • "Mom, someday I'll have my own exercise show. And I'll do THIS, and THIS" (as he proceeded to show me some interesting yoga like moves)...Hmmm... I might have to reevaluate my invitations for him to 'workout' with me in the mornings...I didn't know it would give him such - ahem - aspirations... :)
  • "But Mom, I don't like the green parts of the broccoli".....
  • "But Mom, how do grownups grow DOWN???"
  • "Mom, how old is Roxy?" (our dog) -About 8- "Oh did she get baptized then?"
  • After staring at my headband for a moment he said, "Thanks for wearing that, Mom! It's beeeeautiful!".
  • "Mom, I drew with marker all over my arms because I am SUPER and I am STRONG!!". Ahh, now it makes perfect sense...
  • "Emmie is such a princess, Mom. Girls are just princesses".
  • Checking out some new elastics he asked, "What are those, Mom?" - Hair bands for Em - "Oh GREEEEAT! They're LOVE-A-LY!"
  • I came downstairs and caught him with scissors in his hand and he exclaimed, "But Mom, I didn't cut any fingers off! SEEEE?!" oh phew..
  • After I cleaned his ear with a Q-tip and showed it to him, he said matter-a-factly, "Sometimes I EAT that. (Earwax?!!!?) It doesn't taste very great". At least he has that straight...Ughhh!
  • Upon asking him what his Daddy does for a job he exclaimed, "He's a Pharmasore!". Close.... Pharmasore, pharmacist...One is just from Jurassic times...?
  • (I have more written down but I can't find my notebook... I will add them later...!)
THIS little 18 month old (18 months TODAY!) has some words of her own....
A bit of what she is saying these days (that I can think of real quick):
Ma & Mama but this girl prefers 'Ma'
Da
Dog
Eat
More
On
Off
Amen
Hot
Bath
'Wus dat'
'Wus in der?'
Shoes
Socks
Baby
Doll
Ball
Eyes
Ears (ers)
Hands (ands)
Teeth
Hair (air)
Nose
'Oh no!'
Out
Don't!
Down
Thank you (dake ew)
Please (peas)
Hi
Ouch
Ow!
Clean (keen)
Mess
Cheese
Water (wa-er)
And my favorite -- she'll stand at the top of the stairs when she hears Parker saying something downstairs and she'll shout, "Whut!? Whhuuuut?!" (what!?).
It seems like she's been a little slow to talk but she is saying more and more everyday... especially this last week it seems like she's been repeating everything!
I sure love these two & the interesting things that come out of their mouths -- even when it's so constant that I don't hear much else during my day!
Wouldn't have it any other way.... :)

6 comments:

Hev and Danaca said...

Too cute, I love how big Parker is talking!! does he think he is all grown up or what!!! Emmie looks like she will probably be the same way! fun double trouble!

L said...

Tell Parker I will buy his excercise video! They are too cute!

Amanda said...

Okay, your kids are SOOO cute! How funny "pharmasore" and eating his earwax. That's one sweet little guy you're raising over there:)

Jeanerbee said...

Don't you love it! Eli really cracks me up these days too... and having a parrot for a little brother leads to some interesting conversations, or should I say "arguments" lol. You've inspired me ... I need to add some of their funny sayings to my blog too!

benandtheshannon said...

I was crying as I read the things Parker says. So funny!!! and discusting..ear wax, really. Well I am glad to laugh at things these days. Life is stressful with three but I am trying to go with the flow more and laugh everyday. Focusing on the things I can control. We would love to see you sometime. Call if you have a minute.

aliciamae100 said...

okay, I'm sure I was secretly inspired by your post without knowing it - I missed this post and just discovered it this morning, but a couple of days ago I wrote down an exhaustive list of words Afton can say. I love hearing all the new baby words, and even better, what's going on inside these baby brains!