Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Getaway

When was the last time myself and this guy had a night away with no kids???
That would be July 21, 2006 - the night before Parker was BORN!
Yep, 3 1/2 years and we've never spent the night away from our kids!
(besides leaving P the night Emmie was born and the night my brother passed away but those don't exactly count...)

Well that all changed this last Sunday night!

Chris surprised me with a 2-night 'staycation' in Salt Lake with NO KIDS! You heard right -NO KIDS for 2 nights!

Yep, I'll admit it - I have a hard time leaving my kiddos, & it was a little odd (in a good way!) having so much freedom and time to waste but we had a great time!

No hurry to get back for impending nap times, no rush to avoid inevitable tantrums, no stupid double stroller to navigate that I'm pretty sure weighs more than myself, no 5 lb diaper bag that took 25 minutes to pack, no 3 year old visitors in our room at 5 a.m. rearing to go for the day, no goldfish cracker trail left behind us as we walked, no taking 10 minutes to get in and out of the car, no WHINING (!), staying out past 6:00 with no consequence of messing up bedtime schedules.... the list goes on...& on...

YEP it was all pretty foreign to us! But pretty nice! I had forgotten that there ever was such a life!

Having said that, I LOVE my babies and I was thrilled to get back to them -- REFRESHED!!!

Thanks Chris for making it all happen! Loved it!

Oh, and BLINDSIDE -- LOVED that, too!

& thanks Lance & Becky for taking on the kiddos. LOVED that you had that 5 a.m. wake up call by the blonde hair, blue-eyed night visitor while we snoozed away! :)


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Karen said...

How fun for you guys! Way to go Chris!

aliciamae100 said...

Wow! What a treat! Glad you had so much fun; maybe a little taste a freedom will get you to do it more often...?

Marianne said...

That sounds fun- I am super jealous! I have never spent a night away from my kids either. I'm going to try to arrange something like that soon!

parkandlinds said...

Good for you, what a sweet hubby you have!

SHIPP said...

oh i am so happy you had time together. it's fun to be together and realize that you still have fun together after two kids.

benandtheshannon said...

Hey you are so cute!! What fun traditions. i am jealous that it will be a while before my next outing without the little ones. We are healthy but 3 is tough!! Call me sometime!