Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas '09

CHRISTMAS 2009 It was a great one! Parker was so excited this year and he loved opening his gifts. Good thing because there were a lot of them! My Dad and Mimi (Grandma) sure spoil us every year. Christmas is always magical at Mimi's house. We love it. She and my Dad sure go the extra mile and make things so special.

CHRISTMAS EVENING we were off to the Hansens for more excitement...


Between Becky getting a new laptop and Bethany surprising Brett with a new 54' plasma TV, there were lots of surprises going on and spirits were high to say the least!


And the parties continued....
The next day, we celebrated with my Mom and Reed at my Stepsister's house. I forgot my camera though so no pictures. We had yet another fun time. Emmie got some cute princess dishes to go with her new kitchen, some books, play cookie-making accessories, and a darling hand sewn little purse by Grandma Jane. Parker received a golf set, some movies, and a remote control car.

It's a good thing we have a new basement to store all these toys in!

Having said that, it's sure not all the material 'stuff'' we get at Christmas that makes it special to me. I would seriously be happy with a tube of new lip gloss.
The spirit of giving, remembering the birth of our Savior, family, fun times, making memories, and traditions -- that's what I love about Christmas!




3 comments:

aliciamae100 said...

what a treat to be surrounded by so much family! looks like a very merry Christmas!!

Marianne said...

Fun! Next week is McKenna's birthday, and she's getting the same baby playset that Emmie got in that first picture.
We had to go to Ikea and do some serious organizing last weekend in order to accomadate the new toys that our kids got. Wish I had a basement too!

Anonymous said...

It sound like you guys had a great Christmas! We did too! I agree, I need more space for all these toys, ugh! LOL haha It was great tho! I also love the spirit of that time of year. I wish I could carry all year long! :0)