Friday, January 29, 2010

Dear February

Dear February,
I have a few things to ask of you. Please be nice and SERENE to me and just let me relax (RELAX: chasing after & playing with my cute kids, endless & constant cleaning, cooking) a few days during your term. Above and beyond that ALL THE TIME overwhelms me. I am a homebody at heart you know. After the holidays I couldn't wait for January. I thought I'd be able to breathe again, get back to my 'normal', cozy life... but good old 'Jan' proved me wrong. Jan has been one crazy, hectic month! I am counting on YOU February, to be that calm month that I've been looking forward to since August. Please, I plead with you, to HELP me out! To share with you how bad it has gotten, I am behind SIX hours of my always-anticipated American Idol. SIX! Catching up at this point is hopeless. In favor of not coming off overly whiney, I won't share with my blogging friends the CRAZINESS of this last week, but I will share with them a few of the highlights amidst the chaos.....
I know there are sadder stories out there, but I thank you for taking my pleas into consideration! I have always liked you. :)
Sincerest regards,
Michelle
A few highlights from this last week that I needed to note:

*My Dad's birthday was last week so last Saturday night we had everyone over for dinner and cake and ice cream to celebrate. My kids just love their Grandpa Todd and I couldn't resist posting these two pics from the party.

*Parker was a lucky boy. I think he had a play date every day this week but one!

(L to R: Cami, Tammy, myself, Jill, Stephanie)

*Thursday I met up with some of my cute high school girlfriends. (We missed you Lacey and Amanda!) It's always fun to get together, even if it's at Chick Fil 'A! (Not that anything is wrong with the place but the backdrop of this pic just makes me laugh.) We coincidentally ran into two other BHS friends and grads having lunch at the same time! (Steph made the pic, Mandy Jean did not...) Next time girls we are ditching the kids and leaving them with the boys... these Hot Mamas need a serious Girls Night Out!

Mine and Cami's kiddos rolling in the germ-infested tube slide of the Chick Fil A playland. YUM.
*To top off the week's events I went to a Favorite Things Party on Thursday night! Stay tuned and I'll fill you in on lots of great things....!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I so wish I could have been there. Everyone looks great. One of these days I will see you guys again:(

cabeandmelplus3 said...

SO cute! I love it! I love your Feb post too funny!! I feel the same way! I think that I just got back on track since Christmas, but I know that busy things are coming our way!! I wish I could relax....LOL well I am right now, but that is because I am ignoring the laundry, messes, and organizing I need to be doing!