On Saturday morning, Parker, Emmie and I headed up to Park City for the annual Park City Fourth of July Parade Spectacular. Well, I wouldn't call the parade anywhere near spectacular, but there is just something about being in the breath-taking Rocky Mountains on a day dedicated to celebrating the beautiful country in which we live that I have come to love. We met up with my brother and his wife, Steven and Kylie, who were nice enough to help me troop my two kids and very heavy double stroller up the steep hills of Main Street, to meet up with my Mom and Reed who were saving us some good front row seats. Thankfully we were able to partake of a delicious breakfast in the park at the bottom of Main before heading up, or I'm not sure we would have made it....it was quite the workout toting my kiddies and their gear! :)
It also doesn't help that I am a bit of a wimp.
Parker and Emmie had a great time watching the parade
Afterwards, it was back home for naps, then as soon as Chris got home (from work) around 6, we rushed to Franklin Covey Field to watch as my Dad got to throw in the first honorary pitch at the Bees Game. My Dad is a huge, HUGE, & in case you didn't get that, HUGE baseball fan and he won a contest on the radio by sending in an essay proving WHY he's the biggest baseball fan, and the prize was to throw in the first pitch at the game on the 4th of July! It was so fun to watch! I got there RIGHT as he was walking out on the field and I was so grateful I made it in the nick of time. Unfortunately, I was so busy video taping it that I didn't get any still shots until after it was all said and done. He is in the middle of that crowd on the field however in the pic above. :)
Parker and Emmie had a great time watching the parade
Afterwards, it was back home for naps, then as soon as Chris got home (from work) around 6, we rushed to Franklin Covey Field to watch as my Dad got to throw in the first honorary pitch at the Bees Game. My Dad is a huge, HUGE, & in case you didn't get that, HUGE baseball fan and he won a contest on the radio by sending in an essay proving WHY he's the biggest baseball fan, and the prize was to throw in the first pitch at the game on the 4th of July! It was so fun to watch! I got there RIGHT as he was walking out on the field and I was so grateful I made it in the nick of time. Unfortunately, I was so busy video taping it that I didn't get any still shots until after it was all said and done. He is in the middle of that crowd on the field however in the pic above. :)We didn't get to stay for fireworks because of our little people, but all in all we had a really great, fun-filled, action packed 4th!
I just love this holiday! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment