Friday, July 24, 2009

The big birthday bash

We gave Parker his main present from us the morning of his birthday. Upon opening, he excitedly exclaimed, "Roller skates!". Ha ha. Close. We took him outside to practice his new ride on his hot red scooter, and he wasn't bad! I must say he looked pretty cute zipping up and down the sidewalk in his helmet. His only problem is that he has to stop and vocally analyze the grasshoppers or rocks or dirt or weeds he sees every few feet. So even with his new wheels, he doesn't get too far too fast. :)

THE PARTY!
Parker had been telling me for months that he wanted a "bish" (fish) party for his birthday. Where he came up with the theme, I don't know - but we didn't want to disappoint, so a fish party is what he got! I must admit, Martha's fish bowl turned out a lot cuter than mine, darnit! Next time I have a fish party though, I'll be an expert. :)
I had a lot more cute decor to put out, but Emmie's been really sick for the past week and in between taking care of her (+ numerous doctor and a hospital visit) and in doing all the grocery shopping and cooking dinner and desserts for 18 people and trying to keep my house clean and come up with creative "under the sea" ideas, and put out all the decorations I DID get out out, this is the best I managed by the time our guests showed up. Even with all the planning and prep I did weeks in advance. Oh well! You can only do so much, right?? What a crazy week! All in all, I think Parker had a fun day! He is loved by so many people and I can tell you that he in turn adores each one of them. Thanks to all of our family who were able to make it out and celebrate Parker's 3rd birthday with us. He got so many FUN toys and we've already been having a ball playing with them. (Yes, I said WE and I meant it! :))
Funny. I found and made this (complicated) homemade chocolate cake recipe because Parker LOVES chocolate cake (Chris and I despise it!). I even practiced making it the week before to make sure it was a good recipe. I also made a boxed Funfetti white cake last minute, just to add another option for those of us who aren't choco cake lovers. Well, I didn't notice it until looking at this picture, but after all that, he's eating the WHITE easy-to-make cake! Ha ha. Why did I bother??? Such the way it goes, right? Oh well. I know for a fact he's eaten several chocolate ones since his birthday....

No comments: