Pre-kids, I really had no idea how funny & entertaining these little people can really be. Parker is constantly making us laugh at his silly sense of humor and his endless insights which seem to be beyond his barely 2 1/2 year old little brain. I really need to write more of these interactions down... so, off the top of my head, here a few of the funny things he's said over this last couple of days: 
A TEACHING MOMENT.... Parker being the teacher
APPLES GET SICK, TOO
Setting: Chris is reading books to Parker before bedtime. Roxy (our dog) leaves the room and Parker wants her to come back in.
Parker: Hey, Dad, go like this.... (Parker puckers his lips and kisses the air) and this...(pats his lap) Now say, "Here Boxy, Boxy Boxy (Roxy)" It will make Boxy come back!
Thanks, Parker for teaching your Daddy how to call for the dog. Most of all, thanks for making him (& us) laugh.APPLES GET SICK, TOO
Setting: Parker was picking out an apple to eat. The day before, he went to grab one that wasn't good, so I told him, "No, you don't want that one, it's bruised, it's bad. Pick a different one". The next day, he said the following when going to pick out another apple:
Parker: (Pointing to the "bad" apple from the previous day) No. We don't want that apple. It's sick. It needs to go to the doctor. We need to take it to the doctor, Mom, and the doctor will give it medicine and make it ALL better!
We'll have to call Dr. Wilcox and see what he can do for our apple...
WHEN I GET LITTLER....
Setting: I opened some new Old Navy jeans for Emmie delivered by the UPS man today. (The girl is growing so fast! She hardly has any 6-12 month pants to fit her large 5 month old body) Upon opening them, I said, "Oh, these are cute!" Parker, who was watching me said:
Parker: Oh! Those are CUTE, Mom! When I grow LITTLER, I can wear Emmie's jeans, too!
Yep. When you grow littler, you can wear Emmie's flared jeans, too Parker! :)
CUTTING STRAWBERRIES
Setting: I took strawberries out of the fridge to cut up for part of Parker's meal. The boy LOOOOVes strawberries. He excitedly ran over to the cupboard, pointed to our butcher's block of knives and exclaimed:
Parker: Here, Mom! Use THESE knives to cut my strawberries! When I grow bigger, I can use the knives to cut my strawberries, too! But not right now. I'm tooooo littow (little) to use knives.
Everything at our house is commentated on the fact that when he or the baby "grow bigger" that they'll be able to do this or that, too. Too funny.
Just a few other little Parkisms of the moment:
- Whenever myself, Chris, or the baby sneezes, we hear a tiny, high pitched, "Bwess you, Mommy!".
- When Parker runs into something, or falls, etc., he (usually) jumps right up and before anyone can ask, he exclaims, "I'm BINE!" (fine)
- Even when I don't expect a thank you, I usually get one. (Like when I turn on the light..) His "dakes" (thanks) and "dake you" are so precious!
- "Oh! That'd be good!"
- "Don't be sad. Let's be happy!"
- "You be NICE!" (he is told this thousands of times as he teases the dog, but it's kind of funny when he says it to US!)
What would we do without these little ones who add so much meaning & SMILES to our lives??
6 comments:
Parker.. you are one smart little man!
I think my favorite will always be his "uups" (oops)!
man, if this is only a few of them you could write a book! :) And don't worry, Afton (5 months) doesn't fit in 3-6 month clothes anymore either. (you better believe I still cram her in them though! Her pants look like shorts. It's pretty man of me, but I'm too sad to have her "graduate" to the next size. :(
Michelle,
Loved this post. I need to be so much better at writing down the things my kids say. I always think it is too cute or too funny to forget but like everything else I somehow manage to forget the most important things! I has been fun catching up on your blog. Looks like you guys had a good time during the holidays, we wish we could have met up with you guys but hopefully it won't be to long before we make it back to Utah. Little Emmie is so darling and growing up so fast. Sounds like you are doing great with two! I just love the picture of all of you that you have in your header...to cute. Well, since this is a forever long comment...hope you guys are doing well and I too am so glad we have blogs to stay in touch!
I totally agree with you, toddlers are SO much fun! Yes, stressful at times with tantrums and all that, but they really do say the funniest, cutest, sweetest things. I love the "bine!" :) can't wait to see you on Sat--I still can't get over how big Parker is and I'm so excited to meet little Emmie.
This is darling...I LOVE their interaction, too cute...I am SO GLAD you blog so that we can stay in touch! Are you kidding me...you COME ON DOWN!!! We LOVVVE it here...in fact, look at Syringa Springs that is the subdivision we live in...it's AWESOME!!!!!!! You can follow me all you want, I'd love it!! Plus, we can do picures again, heehee
Oh I'm giggling! Aren't two year olds too cute!!!
Post a Comment