Friday, February 20, 2009

Hooray for the girls

Introducing.... Afton and Emmie!
These cuties are only 3 days apart. Are they sweet or what? I met Afton's Mommy - my cute friend Alicia - while living in Arizona. Alicia's husband was going to the same grad school as Chris at the time to become a PA and they were in our stake. Alicia helped me to keep my sanity when we first moved there and we'd go on fun shopping trips to the Anthem outlets where we would raid Ann Taylor's $4.99 and $9.99 clearance racks. (She's a girl after my own heart - a real bargain shopper!) They still live in AZ but dropped in for a fun visit today since they were in town. Afton has such a sweet countenance and is so darn cute. We wished they could of stayed longer! So fun to see you Alicia and Afton!
Come again soon!
(L to R) Jill, Cami, Tammy, myself & we missed you, Lacey & Amanda! :)
Later, we (meaning myself and the kiddos) met up with some of my good friends from high school at Noodles and Company. It's always a little crazy when we get together because all of our kids just run wild. I'm sure that eating establishments cringe upon our arrival every time, but it's all worth it because it's so fun to catch up with these girls for a minute! I've said it a million times, but I am so lucky for such great friends throughout my life. We're coming up on ELEVEN (yes, 11!) years since high school ended (man we're getting old) and what a blessing it has been that these friendships have sustained over the years.
HERE'S TO HAVING GIRLFRIENDS! :)

4 comments:

JacksonFamily said...

I'm guessing that is Alicia Campbell. Wow her baby looks just like her! Soooo cute!

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

I had no idea that you knew Alicia! We've been friends for a long time too-and trips to the outlets were a fun thing we did too! We usually hit up Naartjie ( I think that's how you spell it), they have the cutes little baby clothes. Small world huh?! Glad you had fun with your girlfriends.

aliciamae100 said...

What a treat to see you, and the babes of course. :) Grandma was a little sad to give up time with Baby A, but it was well worth it! You have a gorgeous house and the sweetest kids. (And the rolls were SOOO good!) Thanks for hosting us! So fun to see you!!!

Efamily said...

I miss all you girls, can we plan a lunch in June? I will be in Salt Lake from June 19th-July sometime. I will figure out the details. Can't wait to catch up.

Ali