I can't believe that coming up this June, that it will be two years since Chris graduated from Pharmacy School. A lot has changed in that year and a half & we look back on our Arizona/grad school days with smiles and such fond memories. We love the friends that we made during that time in our life, and our closest Pharmacy school friends also moved back here to Utah post graduation. We got together with some of them the other night at Ben and Shannon's house. We all had our first babies in Arizona, and it's fun to reunite and see everyone's growing families. Here are our kids:
(minus cute little Siena who left just before we managed this picture...)
Well, all of them, that is, except for one. In the right hand corner you may notice a child literally RUNNING to get out of the picture. Yes, that is our Parker. Shannon threw him down several times hoping to get him to comply and quickly got out of the picture herself, but little P wasn't going to give in that easily. In fact, he wasn't going to surrender for picture time at all. This is not surprising behavior. I love and adore my little boy, but he is sure a strong-willed little guy, always keeping us on our toes.
I have to say, that the rest of the night he was really well-behaved. It's just when he is told to do something......
Ooooooooooohhh NO!
He doesn't like to do anything unless it is on HIS terms.
Does anyone else see a problem here?
Any advice on a defiant 2 1/2 year old?
Here's to hoping that this is a very short phase (we've been experiencing it for at least a year now) that is about to see it's end!!
Disclaimer: I know that Parker's unwilling participation to sit with a group of kids for a picture isn't that big a deal, & I wasn't sweating about it. However, I just found it funny to capture this perfect display of his very independent personality on film & thought I'd document this common behavior, as this is soooo my world these days. :)
5 comments:
I lvoe how you can see his feet "darting" off...HILARIOUS! Don't worry, that's the two's for you! Have no fear, the 3's are easier, LOL!! NOT!!!
No worries Michelle, this to shall pass. Everything is always a phase. My Austin is the same way! My only tip is candy! I use bribery!
The problem is he is just so darn cute. When I ask Quinn (3 1/2) to do something he doesn't want to do he quietly mumbles "I wish I didn't have a mom, just a dad." I think it is quite funny because more often then not he says "I love you mom". It's all worth it.
That is so funny. I would swear that you just wrote a post about Lincoln. I could literally just copy your post and put Lincolns' in where you have Parkers' and it would be the honest truth. Aren't boys the best :)
Right now I'm reading "Raising Your Spirited Child" ... I'm hoping I get some useful ideas from it because we've got a similar little boy over here! I sure wish we could hang out and let them run around together!
Post a Comment