Thursday, September 11, 2008

SHOOT

I love love LOVE good photography! Life goes by so quickly, and capturing & recording moments on film that will in turn last a lifetime is truly something I feel is so important. My Grandma, who passed away when I was 16, (& who we named baby Em after) was our family photographer, taking pictures of not only every get together or event, but much of the day to day. It's a good thing, because if it weren't for her, I'm not sure I'd have but a few pictures from my childhood! I once told her that I wanted to be just like her when I grew up, & so on my next birthday she gave me a camera. Ever since, I've been the camera-crazy one of the family.
There is nothing like being able to look back at photographs from the "good old days" and the power that gives us to stir up memories from the past, that we otherwise may not have remembered. Take it from my experience this last year with the death of my brother...When you lose someone you love, the pictures that you took the time to take or have taken, suddenly become absolutely priceless. You'll never regret taking a picture, you'll only regret NOT having taken more. So GET SNAPPING, whether you do it yourselves or hire a professional!
My high school friend, Amanda Petersen, is a photographer and she did a photo shoot for Parker's 2-year-old pictures this last July..... Below are some of the awesome pictures she took. I think they turned out so adorable & couldn't resist posting some of her work! Don't worry, included in her pricing is the copyright and CD of these images, so it's all good to post these. We went and did a newborn photo shoot with Baby Emmie this morning, which was so fun and I think that they too will turn out great, too! I will definitely post some of her pics when they are done in a few weeks! Thanks so much Amanda! You do amazing work!
If you want to check out more of her work, (and you should!!) you can go to her photo blog at http://www.amandasimages.blogspot.com/, or her photo website http://www.amandasimages.com/











Alright. I'll admit it.... I think he's pretty darn cute!!! :>

2 comments:

Brooke Woods said...

Chimmie- you have the cutest kids!!! Now we need more pics of your sweet new baby girl.

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

So cute! You've got yourself a little model there, he's so expressive with his face!! What a cutie...look out girls. Whitney can for sure marry your boy, good luck parker...she's a little demanding!! I can't wait to see the one's of Em...and that's so sweet naming her after your grandma.