Alright, so I did take a french class back in the eighth grade. That was fifteen years ago, and no, I don't remember much! But enough to realize that my 2 year old is apparently bilingual (okay - TRIlingual if you count his sign language abilities), with his second language being french! This petit genie (little genius) constantly interjects "le" and "a la" into his speech. Where he picked it up is beyond us, but it sure gives us a good laugh. (Okay, so maybe these terms just mean "the"(I think?), but it's still impressive, right?? Kidding, of course...)
Here are a few examples of his everyday use of this language....
I'll be changing Emmie's diaper, and he'll say:
"Mama - le bebe has LOTS of a la poopies!"
We'll be fixing him a waffle, and he'll say:
"Mama likes a la waffles, too?"
We'll be at the park and each time he gets to the bottom of the slide he'll say:
"Gen! Gen! (Again!) Pahkah (Parker) go down le slide a la gen!!
He'll be stacking up his pile of books (a new favorite pastime) and he'll say:
"Pahkah (Parker) a la bead (read) le books to le bebe."
2 comments:
That is way too funny! He must have some sort of genius IQ!
So I didn't realize that I had not posted more of Ruby's blessing it was just a draft weird...I fixed it and you can view it, I think it is under Ruby Summer. Good luck.. See you on wednesday!!
Post a Comment