We don't go out to eat eat much, but Chris hasn't had a day off for a while and won't for another ten days or so, and we had some time last night so we decided to treat ourselves to dinner at Chili's with the kiddos. In addition to our meals, we ordered the bottomless tostada chips. When the waitress brought them to the table, Parker's arms shot straight up in the air while joyously he yelled out, "Chiiiiiiiips!!", making us all laugh. Yes, this kid loooooooooves chips and salsa & was pretty excited to dive into this dish! So Chris and I enjoyed some good conversation while Parker munched ravenously on his chips & salsa all the while flirting with the adjoining booth and passing waitresses. When we announced to Parker it was time to go, he frantically picked up all the remaining chips he could possibly contain in his little hands and jumped out of the booth. We preceeded out of the restaurant with our 2-year-old leading the way, with his pile of chips clenched tightly in between his chest and two hands as if was escaping with handfuls of gold from the pirate ship on the Goonies. Talk about a serious kid on a serious mission! Maybe you had to be there, but I wish I had my camera because it was a pretty funny sight and we had some comical stares as we weaved our way through the dinner crowd still waiting to be seated.
In hindesight, I guess we should have gotten him his own little to-go box...we'll know better next time. I think it's safe to say that Parker has a favorite restaurant! I have to admit, it IS excellent chips and salsa! You'll have to try it out for yourselves!
1 comment:
i lovvvve salsa, now you've gone and gotten me to crave tex-mex! yummy!!!!!!!
Post a Comment