Friday, September 5, 2008

Life is good...

Let's face it...the recovery/aftermath of having a baby is so not fun for our bodies! I've been awful this past 11 days at making phone calls about this new baby, calling anyone back, taking pictures, and posting pictures of our sweet baby girl (& boy!) on our blog - just to mention a few of many things...If you fall into any of these categories (in the phone call department) I apologize! My excuse is just that - my body HURTS and my hands have been full with a newborn and two year old. (Does anyone else post partum feel like a football player with pads in ALL places, or is it just me? So high maintenance, I swear! But so well worth it, too... :)) My main issue is my back, (okay and maybe we'll include the torturous beginning of nursing once again) but we won't get into that and I am fine. I think in a couple of weeks it will all be good!! The KIDDOS have overall been awesome- I'm just waiting for my body to recover and have been taking any spare moment I can find to sleep rather than make phone calls. Having said all that, our little household of 5 (counting Roxy) is doing GREAT and I am LOVING having two kids! So far little Em sleeps a ton (I know that will soon change) & is just the sweetest little addition to our home & Parker is adjusting surprisingly well, minus a few jealous breakdowns earlier this week.
So I'll stop with the rambling & let you see the couple of pictures I managed to take today of our little Emmie 11 DAYS OLD....If you look closely, you can barely see her adorable little dimples (courtesy of her Daddy). They are slightly covered up by her shirt... How fun that both my kids have dimples! Thanks Chris! :)
Must be naptime again
A smile in her favorite state of being - asleep!
I just want to thank everyone for your sweet comments left on our blog, your phonecalls, emails, etc. through this last couple of months and especially this last week and a half! We are so blessed to have such supportive, loving friends and family & we appreciate all of you so much!!! (Even though I don't always call back right away!! :) )

6 comments:

SHIPP said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful. I am sorry it has been a rough couple of weeks. Hang in there it will get better.

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Do we Hansen's make cute babies or what?! Seriously, she is adorable! Im glad Parker is adjusting like a champ!

Rest up and call when you can. I totally understand I didn't call people back for about a month ;)

Amanda said...

What a sweetie! I hope you can heal up quick, it is so hard to try to get things done with two kids and not feeling good doesn't make it any easier. I'm excited to do Emmie's pictures on Thursday. I'll see you then!

Brady + Marsha said...

She is so cute. I love the hair and I'm so jealous of the dimples!

Amanda said...

Oh the rough stuff is hard, but it's amazing how temporary it is. Emmie looks so cute all pinked up!

Stacey said...

I haven't checked the blogging world for a while and it looks like I'm a little late with the Congratulations. She's beautiful and I love her name. I'm jealous, I love to dress those little girls in cute girly outfits. Enjoy it cause soon they're mismatching their clothes and ripping clips and bows out of their hair. Ah! Motherhood!