Sunday, September 21, 2008

Double time

Okay, so the time has come to purchase a double stroller! The question is, WHICH ONE?? If anyone has any opinions or advice on what kind is better - side by side, back to back, different brands, what you do or don't like about yours, etc. - please leave a comment and let me know! I appreciate ANY input you may have on this topic, because I am clueless! So if you have one that you love or that you hate, or any other advice, I'd love to hear about it!
Thanks so much! :>

8 comments:

benandtheshannon said...

i like my double stroller it is a little hard to steer at times but I mostly like it! I will bring it wednesday to show you!

Unknown said...

There are so many great kinds of strollers. We have a double stroller from Costco that is a bike stroller but can be pushed as well. We really like it for walks and bike rides but it doesn't fit well in the car so not a great option for places we drive. We still have a couple of single strollers (a little umbrella stroller and a nicer jeep stroller) They are easier to put in the car and when Kasen was small I always wore him in the bjorn and Addie rode in the stroller. Now Addie wants to help push the stroller or ride her bike when we go for walks so we usually use the single and let Kasen ride.

Good luck

Marenda

Rae Lynn said...

Hey Michelle. I do have a single stroller, a double stroller, and a triple stroller. I think you should go for the triple! Why stop at the double? J/K Seriously the double stroller that I have is the Jeep Wrangler Twin Sport. I got it at Babies R Us for about $75. It is a side by side that fits through a normal size door frame. It's nice. One of my favorite things is how easily and small it folds up. It folds up just like an umbrella stroller and takes up almost no room. It is easy to steer and everything. The only thing that I don't like is that there are no bins for placing things in like a diaper bag. Although, I think you can order accessories for it. I must say that my triple stroller rocks! It is great because I can convert it to a double stroller as well. I paid good money for it though. It is the pergo triple stroller. This thing new goes for over $1000. I found mine on Craig's List and paid $650. I love the versatility of this stroller and the stability.

I think you are very wise for asking before you buy one. I know that Maria has owned like 3 or 4 double strollers because she's not happy with the one's she's purchased.

Good luck!

Amanda said...

I have the combi side by side and i like it, but not sure if I love it. I like that both sides recline, it folds up pretty small, (about the size of a golf bag), it's pretty light, but the one thing my husband hates is the fact that the compartments underneath where you put stuff are pretty small. Since we have a big diaper bag it's hard to squeeze in there.
I do like having my kids side by side so one doesn't have to be in the back.
Really, I think I do like it a lot, if I were to do it again I probably would, because I don't know what other one I would get.
But, I just remembered it only fits certain carseats.

anyway, that's a lot of info.
thanks for giving my photog business a little shout out a few posts ago, I haven't looked on here for a little while.

I love your little "french boy"!!!

Jeanerbee said...

I have a good friend who loves her Maclaren side by side. Usually they have storage baskets underneath and the seats recline. They fold up small (umbrella type) so they fit in the car and don't kill your back. Plus Macs steer really well (we love our single). I personally am going to see how long I can avoid a double one... just put the baby in a sling for a while and get one when we absolutely have to - maybe a double jogger because I LOVE our jogger for long walks and long adventures away from home (In-Step Safari is what we have - they make doubles too).

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

Ok, the question you have to ponder is..."What will I be using my double stroller for?" If it's for outside walks and camping and such...then the bike stroller or the 3 wheeled ones are your best bet. If it's just for casual walk outside, parks, picnics...ect...then any will work. I have a double and love mine. I'm not so much of an outdoorsy type...so mine is used for when I go to stores, kohls, malls, old navy, disneyland, occasional walks around the block. I'm so glad that I got a Graco duoglider. It's a front and back one, but I loved that the carseat could attach on either seat! That works so well with a little one, especially when they fall asleep in the car! It has a huge basket underneath for storage and a cup holder for me...and at least one for each kid attached to thier seat. There's little grooves on each tray too for snack holding...perfect for crackers and cereal! It's a little heavy...but what double stroller isn't? It folds easily and is easy to unfold. It has a sunshade for each seat, and the front shade is removable for trips to the mall where you don't need shade. The back seat reclines fully, and even has some straps to fold the bottom part of the seat up to make a bassinet for little babies. We used ours in DisneyWorld back in March when whit was almost 6 months old. We loved it. The conveniance of the back reclining seat worked great for changin both of the girls diapers discreetly, and we had plenty of room underneath for storage. We ended up being stranded at the Airport for a whole night on the way home...long story short, we put the shades on, and a blanket over the sunshades and our girls slept just fine. The front seat does recline too, just not all the way flat. I love mine, but you have to figure out why you need one and what you're using it for. I personally don't like the side by sides becuase they don't fit in the small isles of Ross, or any department store...they're to wide...but other people just love them! So I'd just research them all and decide what's best for you. You can also check out Craigs list for one, that's what we did. We had to make sure that the carseat had been in No accidents and check out the stroller before we actually purchased it (had to drive to lower mesa), but it ended up saving me over 100 bucks and we've been very pleased with it! Good luck on making your decision, let us all know what you decide! Happy Hunting!

Stacey said...

I have two double strollers. First I got the back and front one that fits my car seat. For me it was so important to be able to put the car seat straight into the stroller. I HATE waking a baby up for the transfer to the stroller. Its great for the mall or shopping too cause it fits through the isles and doors. There isn't much worse than shopping and EVERY time you go through a door you have to try four times to get in. Thats what happens with my other one. However, I love it too. Its a side by side umbrella stroller. Its great for traveling cause it folds up so small. I take that one a bunch too. For me, I love having both. I like the options. Plus the double umbrella stroller doesn't cost a lot and its nice to have on hand. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

i lovvvve my doulbe stroller...it is a peg perego and i really do love it! i also really like maclaren strollers, too.