Sunday, August 31, 2008

SHE'S HERE!!!

After a much anticipated birth, our sweet Baby Emmie finally arrived to us safe and healthy on Monday, August 25th at 11:19 a.m. After weeks of preterm labor and bedrest and trying to keep her in my belly "just a little longer", in the end she came at a healthy 39 weeks and on her planned induction date! Go figure. I was induced Monday morning at 7 a.m., and she arrived just four hours later, at 11:19, after a fast and essentially painless delivery (THANK YOU EPIDRUAL!!!)! I guess those weeks of being so dilated and having painful contractions paid off when it finally came down to the actual delivery. She is beautiful and healthy and we couldn't ask for anything more! Emma Lee Hansen
"Emmie"
7 lbs, 4 0z, 19 inches

On our way to the hospital....

Ready or not....

Here she is!!! She came out screaming, but has been pretty quiet ever since.

Hooray for such an easy, wonderful delivery! It couldn't have gone more smoothly!

Getting pretty in the nursery

Parker meeting his baby sister for the first time... he wasn't too interested.

We're going home!Yeah, so?? Now what?! He loves his sister...Nevermind that he's pushing her off his lap.....Proud Pops


She has quite a bit of wavy brown hair with blonde roots. She really doesn't look a whole lot like Parker did....

Our Little Em has the sweetest demeanor and we are so thrilled to have her as a part of our family, and we're soooooo grateful that she's finally here - safe and sound!!!

16 comments:

Jeanerbee said...

She. Is. Gorgeous! And I'm so glad things went smoothly with her delivery! Hooray and congratulations!

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

Oh how cute...good job michelle!! I'm glad things went better for you second time around...at least the labor part, not so much the pregnancy part! Congrats on her coming home and adding more joy to your little family. Aren't girls fun...I love all the bows in her pictures...so cute! Congrats again. Take care, heal well, sleep..if you can, and enjoy motherhood all over again.

L said...

Hooray! I am so happy for you guys! Especially Michelle to no longer be prego and stressed about delivering in Wal-Mart. She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable!!! And Michelle you look so great! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!!!!

(I love her hair flowers...do you mind if I post some of her pics on my website, NO name of course???)

Ammon and Brooke said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations Chimmie (and Chris :) ) Glad all went well. I wish I could meet her in person. Maybe soon.

Unknown said...

She is beautiful! I am so glad that everything went well. That is wonderful! I hope you are feeling well Michelle. How is your back?

Now that you're home we want to come visit and we'll bring dinner.

Congratulations!

Marenda

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

I have been waiting and waiting AND WAITING for pictures. Oh my goodness, Michelle (and Chris and Parker) she is absolutely positively **BEAUTIFUL**. Im tearing up just thinking about her. I wish I were there to love her! She is absolutely perfect. Perfect!! Great hair for her "pretties." I just love her. I am so glad the delivery went smoothly after Parker's rough arrival you derserved every bit of that! Im so incredibly anxious to hold my sweet little baby Emmie.

Big hugs and lots and lots of kisses!

Love, the Texas Hansen Clan

P.S. went you get a minute ( yah right!!) I would love to chat!

Amanda said...

Oh she is such a doll. I love her little chinny chin chin! And her curly blonde hair. I hope she keeps it! I'm glad she is being well mannered and that you can hopefully get some rest. Gotta love these little miracles!

Rae Lynn said...

Yeah! I've been waiting for this post...checking it at least twice a day! :) I am so excited for your beautiful family. What a tremendous blessing it is to be a mother! You have also been such a wonderful example to me and are an amazing woman. Your children are so blessed to have such awesome and humble parents. I miss you down here in good old sunny AZ. Enjoy your new little one. (I so wish I was going to Utah soon so I could stop by and take some pictures of a perfect subject!) Take care! Love ya guys!

Efamily said...

Michelle CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I cannot believe that you went till August 25th, I am sure you were READY for her to come. She is absolutely beautiful!!! I hope you are recovering well, and getting lots of sleep (yah right...)

I had so much fun seeing you this summer, we will get together next time I am out that way. Take care


Ali

Wade Family said...

Congrats! She is a doll. I have been checking your blog everyday because I knew you surely would have had her by know. I can't believe how much hair she has...and with curl, how lucky is that. We are so excited for you guys, little girls are so much fun. (So are boys, just in a different way) Hope you are recovering well. Congrats again, she couldn't be cuter!

Camie Walworth said...

What a cutie!! We are so excited for you!! congrats!!

The Walworths

Carly said...

Congratulations you guys. She is so adorable. Her hair just kills me...maybe it will be curly? Sounds like everything went well! Enjoy her, they grow so fast!

Amy said...

Congratulations Michelle!! She is so cute- i love her hair and cute bows!!

Congrats!

Amy

Kami said...

Michelle,
Congratulations! She is just beautiful! I love her hair! I am so sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I have thought about you often this past year, always wondering what you were up to. I am so happy to know that everything is going well for you guys.

I would really like to catch up one of these days, but I'm sure with your new little one you will be busy for the next little while. When you have some time shoot me an email.

Congrats again and good luck!
Oh, and have a happy birthday! :)

Amanda said...

She is so adorable. I love all that hair and if she keeps it you will too. I'm so glad that everything went smooth for you the morning of. You just never know how delivery's will go. Glad you're both home and healthy!

J n Bee said...

congratulations guys! you have an adorable family!