Tuesday, August 12, 2008

READY is an understatement!!

We made it! On Monday my pregnancy officially became a full term one - as we hit the 37 week mark! We made it through bed rest, and now we are just ready to have this baby!! At my last appointment - last Thursday, I had just dilated one more cm from when I first started bed rest at 33 weeks. I was (almost) a four, and 80% effaced. So there you have it!!! I have another appointment this Thursday, so we'll see then if there is any additional change. Who knows, we may just go until my induction, which is scheduled to take place on August 25th (less than 2 weeks). My body really is hurting and it's hard to get around with having so many (ouchie) contractions, but I say bring them on, I'm READY!!! Anytime now. :)
We'll keep you posted.
Chris just finished painting and putting up this bead board in the baby's room. I think it turned out really good... thanks Chris for all of your hard work!! (And to his Dad who helped out with the bead board.)
Thanks to my Mom for making the cute bedding... I will take a real picture of it when I have it altogether in the crib, which is currently still being occupied by Parker. He still hasn't figured out how to climb out of it, so we are taking advantage of being able to keep him contained for as long as possible, since the baby will just be sleeping in our room in the pack and play for the first while anyway.
Meanwhile, the rocker is ready to roll, and the this Big Mama is ready to deliver!!! :)

2 comments:

Jeanerbee said...

I LOVE the room and you look fantastic! I hope this little doll comes quick and easy for you! =)

kdparry said...

This is so much fun seeing your BLOG! You are doing such an amazing job, as mommy and mommy to be! I am sooo proud of you and I say good luck with the delivery soon! YOU look great and that Parker of yours is amazingly adorable in every way!