Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Missing him

August has been an emotional month for me for a couple of reasons…One of course being the approach of bringing this new little life into our family. Another for the reminder of the loss of another life, my older brother, who was suddenly taken from us this last October. What would be his 31st birthday is tomorrow, August 21st, and I am so sad that he is not here for us to celebrate with him. He was so full of life, spunk, and energy, and there was just never a dull moment with him around. He danced to the beat of his own drum, never caring what others thought of him. Through that exterior however, inside was a soft heart & he was a wonderful older brother. Happy Birthday Michael! We miss you terribly and love you endlessly, and can’t wait for the day we get to see you again!

I have comfort in knowing that he has been able to spend time with and get to know our sweet baby girl before any of us here have had the chance. I can’t wait to meet this precious baby girl, who will come fresh from the presence of our Father in Heaven, but also from the presence of her uncle, my older brother.

August 21, 1977 - October 6, 2007Such an unconditional love between these two brothers

The three of us

Thanksgiving 2005
(Steven was on his mission)

6 comments:

Brooke Woods said...

Chimmie- what a sweet (and emotional!) post! You're are such a good little sister (I would know!). I'll be thinking about you these next few days with your brother's bday and with the birth coming up. Love you!

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

What a sweet tribute...I didn't know you lost your brother, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure he's having a party with everyone who has passed...and your little precious girl, and wishing you guys were up there for the party! Cry all you want woman...your pregnant, and you can use that excuse for whatever you want! I love ya!

Amanda said...

I can't believe you still haven't had that little girl yet. I'm sure you're thinking the same thing. I'm so sorry that I haven't gotten Parker's pictures to you yet. I have been so busy and they are next on my list to edit. Hopefully in the next few days. Good luck with your delivery it has to be coming soon, dialated to a "5", crazy, I'd have the baby in an hour if I was at a 5. I'll pray you make it to the hospital in time, I know that's been you're biggest fear. Happy Birthday to your bro, him and Payton are celebrating bday's together this month.

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Im so sorry. What more can I say. Just know that we are giving you a big hug here in Texas.

Jeanerbee said...

Michelle, what a touching post. It is wonderful to think that your daughter and brother get to spend some time together beyond the veil before she gets here - and their bdays will be so close! Maybe she's taking her sweet time becuase she's just having too much fun... I'm thinking of you! =)

Christine said...

I still remember when I invited you to our party and that had just happened. I am so sorry. That post was so sweet. I hope that things are going well with the new baby. PS I saw your pictures that Amanda did. They are AWESOME! She is so good!