So I haven't been feeling great lately, but then again - I'm pregnant. Comes with the territory (for the majority of us...), right? I've had what I thought were lots of painful contractions lately and suspected that something might be up, but then again I didn't want to be a hypochondriac, either. Maybe my body was just painfully "stretching" or something. Well, my suspicions were confirmed at my 33 week Dr. appointment yesterday. I'm almost dilated to a 3! At 40 weeks with Parker, I was barely a 2, so this was surprising news! So, as you can guess, I am pretty much on bed rest for the next 2 1/2 weeks, with hopes of making it to 36 weeks so that this baby's lungs can finish developing properly. How in the world I'm supposed to stay down with a 2 year old climbing and hanging on me like I'm some sort of playground, and constantly needing my care, is beyond me! But thank goodness for my Mom and Mother-in-Law. My Mom is able to come up from St. George to help out until next Wednesday, and then Chris' Mom will be able to step in once she's gone.
I'm grateful for their willingness to help! I guess maybe I'll have a little time on my hands to get up to date on my blog now. We'll see how all this pans out... let's cross our fingers that this baby doesn't make too early of a debut!!!
7 comments:
My goodness, you just sit back and take care of yourself girl...we want that lil girl to take her sweet time in the oven...I am praying for you, especially, the next few weeks... BIG HUGS!!
Oh Michelle! I totally understand and have complete empathy for you. There is no way you could do it without good help. We will be praying for that baby girl to stay put for a couple more weeks. I am sorry...good luck!
And Happy Anniversary. I still remember what a gorgeous bride you were. It was such a beautiful day. You guys are still so cute and such great parents and friends!
Michelle,
Sorry to hear that you have to be on bed rest. I remember wondering how I could possibly do it with Addie to take care of. Family and friends are wonderful! Addie also got really good at watching movies. I used to feel guilty about letting her watch too much tv (now she will hardly sit through a short show) but last year when I really needed her to she was a great couch potato.
We'll be praying for you guys. And we'll be excited to see pictures of your new little one, but not too soon!
Marenda
Michelle,
I feel so bad I haven't been keeping up to date with things. I was so surprised when I read your blog and saw your on bedrest! I hope you are doing ok and able to stay off your feet. I know it is near impossible to take it easy with a toddler but I'm glad yours and Chris'mom are able to help. Let us know if we can do anything for you and keep us posted on things!
Good heavens Chimmie! All will work out well but seriuosly, don't doctors understand that when you have a 2 year old, there is no such thing as bed rest? Good luck and since you have help coming, relax as much as you can before baby #2 arrives. I'm so excited for you!!!
Oh goodness hon! Bedrest with a toddler DOES sound impossible! I have thought of this scenario myself and wonder what the heck we'd do if that happened. Anyhoo, good luck getting some rest and counting down your final weeks!
Michelle,
Wow, bed rest would be soooo hard with a toddler around. I'm glad you have lots of help. Good luck with everything. We'll be praying for you.
Post a Comment