Mother's Day was a great day!
Unfortunately, I am writing about it too late to remember much of what went on, (ahhh! My mind these days!) but I DO know that I'm SUPER lucky to be the Mom of these amazing kids!

The Friday prior I got to go to Mom's and Muffins at the elementary school... TWICE! Once with this adorable preschooler, who filled out that little survey on me. Not totally accurate (I'm short, but 11 inches...not quite;), but pretty close!
I love this cutie.
She was SO excited to have me come to her class and see her cute little program (a poem and song). She had been sick with a fever etc for two days prior, and even that actual day, but she was SO upset at the prospect of not getting to do her Mother's Day program, that I took her for that and then she skipped the rest of her school day.
Next up I (with the girls in tow) moved down the hall to P's Kindergarten class. They sang the cutest songs, gave us the sweetest decorated planted pots, and a buffet of muffins, donuts, and drinks. I seriously love these little kids! I was able to volunteer in his class throughout the year and came to adore these little classmates of Parker's. Okay, so there were a few hellions in there (the class was dominated by boys)...but still...what a great class Parker had for his first Elementary experience!
Funny sidenote... the cute girl in the purple shirt... throughout the year, she would attach herself to me anytime she saw me with a HUGE hug...when I came to class to help out, for this and other programs, even out by the parking lot as I was picking up carpool on a regular basis. One day at the end of the year she confessed to me with a whisper in my ear,
"The reason I love YOU so much, is because really, I am in love with your little boy!".
Ha ha! Oh, she melted my heart.
What a cutie that little Evie is. After her confessed crush, and after observing Parker, I realized that he was completely oblivious to the fact that he had such a smitten little fan out there. Rather than shatter his sweet Kindergartner innocence & humility and let him know of her professed love for him, I chose instead to give my little friend Evie a favor and instructed my cute little dimple blondie to be sure to say "Hi" to and smile at his classmate whenever he saw her.
Parker has a good little heart and I'm sure he followed through, hopefully giving Evie some
sweet first-crush satisfaction.
I'm so glad it takes boys longer to tap in to noticing the opposite sex!
While Parker might be oblivious to these things, his 4 year old sister is not.
She's already planning her wedding.
For reals. Heaven help us. ;)
Details to come....:)

1 comment:
Ha ha! I love that you are 11 inches tall. And how sweet that she put you were the best. Do you know what Siena put? "My mom is very....crazy." Hmm...
Even she recognizes that I'm losing it. :)
I love that you are loved b/c Parker is such hot stuff, ha! Those kids are too cute for words
Post a Comment