After our days at Disney, we headed south to La Mesa, CA to spend more time with Steven and Kylie. They moved there in December to get Steven's MBA, of course taking Jack, P, E, and L's only Utah cousin with them. Their place was great, especially for CA, and they were so nice to let us overtake their 3 bdrm/2 bath apartment for a few nights. Our first night there they took us to this amazing BBQ place, called Phil's BBQ - and they were right - it was pretty awesome! Sooo much food and the sauce was excellent! I've been wanting to go back ever since!

The first day we went to Seaport Village. Chris and I went there on our honeymoon (too many years ago to mention) and this was our first time back. The kids loved feeding the ducks along the walkway while window shopping, enjoyed the ocean view, and watching the cute little old Islander (??) man balance rocks. It was impressive. In following tradition, we also picked up a few Christmas ornaments to remember our trip by. My mind is way too fuzzy to remember what they are exactly, so I guess I will be surprised in December when we decorate our tree.

The first day we went to Seaport Village. Chris and I went there on our honeymoon (too many years ago to mention) and this was our first time back. The kids loved feeding the ducks along the walkway while window shopping, enjoyed the ocean view, and watching the cute little old Islander (??) man balance rocks. It was impressive. In following tradition, we also picked up a few Christmas ornaments to remember our trip by. My mind is way too fuzzy to remember what they are exactly, so I guess I will be surprised in December when we decorate our tree.

The next day we went to Coronado Beach on Coronado Island. To be honest, it was a little freezing, so I wasn't too sad that we only stayed maybe 2 hours. After a little frisbee action, searching for sea shells, getting busted by the Beach Patrol for flying a kite (no kites on the beach??), and Jack's lunch on a little beach sand, we headed home. That night we went to Old Towne and ate some Mexican food and picked up some ice cream.

Sadly, the next morning, we loaded up our car and headed back home... but not before getting a few pictures of the cousins!
Impossible to get a good picture of four little ones but we did our best.
We had such a fun trip & are so grateful we could go!
We thankfully were able to break up our trip by staying in St George with my Mom and Reed on the way there and back. Definitely makes a long road trip with kids doable! They did great in the car and little Miss Lexi hardly made a peep the entire 24-hour, round trip drive.
I love my little family and love quality vacation time with them!

No comments:
Post a Comment