{Me, Jill, Tammy, Cami... there's no way we graduated 15 years ago, right?!?!}
In December I was able to meet up with these amazing ladies (aka "Pups" as Tams would call us) for lunch and some overdue girl catch-up time. They were some of my High School besties back in the day and I just adore them and am lucky to call them my friends, then and now. I love how we can go quite awhile without seeing one another but that when we get together we can pick right back up where we left off and that deep down we're still those crazy girls who once upon a time loved to go out on the town in disco gear or turn up our car stereos in a parking lot and have a dance party.
We were pretty awesome, in case you wondered.;)
We've all had our hard times since our high school days, but most recently, Cami, (far right) was diagnosed with Lymphoma, just weeks after delivering her fourth baby several months back. I can't even begin to imagine how scary the reality of that diagnosis must have been for her having four small children. I can't even fathom... But Cami, she is such an incredible woman of faith and strength and I admire her so much! She smiles and calmly talks of all that she is learning despite her difficult circumstances. She's AMAZING! She had just undergone her third chemo treatment in this picture and she lost the remainder of her hair just a few weeks after this visit. She was so upbeat about the prospect (of losing her hair), and admittedly a little nervous, but I can't imagine how difficult that really must be.
I first heard of her diagnosis as I was stressing over something petty in my life...to be specific - Emmie's preschool is one more day a week than I would like, and I was wondering if letting her go so many days a week was the right thing... when I heard of Cami's cancer my heart just broke and my perspective was adjusted and I had the impression, as silly as it sounds, that yes, Emmie was in a great preschool, to quit stressing over such an insignificant thing, that the three extra hours she goes per week are no big deal, and that there are bigger things in life to worry about.
It's funny how we can get so caught up in such minor details in life...and then are shaken to reality when true obstacles arise, whether it be our own or the trial of another. What really gets me is how we can repeat this process over and over and over...
Cami is such an amazing person with such a positive outlook, which is nothing new, she's always been that way. I hope that I could have half of her strength in the face of such adversity.
She and her cute family have definitely been in our prayers.
I honestly can say that all of these girls (plus Lacey and Amanda who are a vital part of our crew!) are an inspiration to me!
A Little Flashback...
Senior Year, 1998
(L to R) Cami, Me, Tammy, Amanda, Lacey, Jill & Megan
{With Amanda and Lacey living out of state it's hard to get all together at once so we missed them!}
I love these girls so much and am lucky to call them my "Pups" all these years!! :):)
We look just the same (but better), right? ;)

(L to R) Cami, Me, Tammy, Amanda, Lacey, Jill & Megan
{With Amanda and Lacey living out of state it's hard to get all together at once so we missed them!}
I love these girls so much and am lucky to call them my "Pups" all these years!! :):)
We look just the same (but better), right? ;)


1 comment:
OH, I so wish I would have been there to see everyone. Everyone looks amazing- better than ever. Inside and out I'm sure:)
Post a Comment