Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mid-thirties, mid-winter, mid-flu season...

Chris turned the big 35 back in January.
How did this happen?
I remember my own Dad's 30th birthday party...
and now my husband is even 5 years older than that...
Crazy.
When did we go and get so old?
He likes to tell me that, "35's not old.... for a guy"....
Ouch.
Good thing I'm only 29. ;)




We were planning to go out on a rare date the night of his birthday. (Rare because of Chris' mostly pm work schedule) He even switched his shift to the early one so we could go. However, between a snow storm and Emmie's vomiting (just the beginning of the ensuing weeks of throw up in January at our house), we were forced to cancel plans and stay home. The kids were excited for him to get home from work and present him with his gifts. They hid all the presents and Parker drew a map to help Chris find them. It amazes me how fast he can whip up something like that. Takes after his Dad - for sure! You can see the map in Chris' hand - it was pretty cute.
Note sick little Emmie in her jams with the "beautiful" bows that she chose to dress up her bed-head hair.

I have severe mommy amnesia lately and cannot remember a thing that he got! And better yet, I don't recall what we ended up doing for our at home celebration although I'm pretty certain it involved cleaning up lots of vomit...Fun birthday! That's what you get when your birthday is in the middle of flu season and you have three susceptible kids I suppose...
 Good thing he had more parties coming. :)

This is also what you might get during your January birthday...
 
 Crazy snow storms and white stuff piled up almost as tall as your fence...
Okay so a lot of that is snow drift. Still...it's snow, and a lot of it!
Posted by Picasa
 
 
I'm always trying to figure out who Lexi looks like, but then I see this picture and it seems so obvious. Same cute little round noses, full, plump lips, same expression, auburn highlights...
Is it just me???
She's a Daddy's Girl through and through!
She loves him so much...
and the rest of us kind of like him too. :)
 
 

No comments: