The kids were so excited for Christmas morning, as were Chris and I. It's so much fun to relive through our kids the magic that Christmas brings. It's sure a whole lot of work but so worth every ounce of effort!
Here is what the kids woke up to:

Emmie got her requested Baby Alive doll and high chair, Lexi a Minnie Mouse ride on/walker that lights up, sings, and spins, and Parker his much anticipated "SURPRISE" was an Imaginext castle, that interacts with a big dragon, ogre and cannon ball thrower. It's a pretty awesome toy, I have to say!
They were all happy with Santa's delivery!

Emmie also loved her Cinderella carriage, Lexi her mini go-go puppy, and Parker was so happy with his new BYU hat found in his stocking that he slept in it every night for the following week. In all honesty, it makes me cringe a little, but whatever makes him happy. Sorry BYU. :) And did I mention he also got the new Wii U game system? That was his very last "hidden" present and he was literally bouncing off the couch in excitement. Totally spoiled, I know, but I'm not so sure if that present was more for him or for the purchaser... which wasn't me...;) Needless to say, we had some happy boys in our house that morning!
Our next stop was Mimi's house at 1:00, just like it is every year. Mimi fell and broke her ankle in early December, so this year the gathering was upstairs in her Living Room, rather than her spacious downstairs family room. Between she and my Dad, it's always Christmas Present Wonderland, so it was a little crowded with everyone's gifts, but we made it work. Mimi is a gifted party thrower & gatherings from food to gifts to decorations are always perfection. Even hosting from a wheelchair this year, everything was so nice, and the gifts from all were so generous.

Steven and Kylie & Baby Jack were moving to San Diego 2 days later, so I couldn't hold back the tears when it was time to say goodbye, knowing we wouldn't see them again for a long time. I was so sad to have them leave but so glad for them and their new ventures in San Diego as Steven pursues his MBA at SDSU. I loved living out of state and know they will too. I think it's a great experience for every young married couple.
Next and last stop, was the Hansens.
Ends up, the only pics I had taken were these... of our own little fam! I guess I was tired of playing photographer, and mostly I was irritated at my camera that has been taking lots of blurry pics since being dropped a few months back...:)

2 comments:
Seriously Michelle, every time I see pics of your family and home I think, "It looks like something straight out of Martha Stewart Living!" I wish I had your touch for decorating. Your tree looks STUNNING and, as usual, all your kids are dressed adorably and their hair is done beautifully. How could it not be magical for your kids with you as their mom?!!! And hey, what's going on with Lexi and the growth hormone stuff? Any news?
I LOVE staying caught up with your gorgeous family. I so wish we were neighbors. You are such a darling, gorgeous mom and I laugh out loud on so many of your posts. You are a terific writer. I really hope we get to see you sooner than later!
Post a Comment