Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lexi- 8 months!

 I'm pretty sure no reads this blog anymore... I kind of dropped off for a while there. With all that we've had go on for this last six months, combined with the juggling act of three kids, I just haven't been able to keep up! Not only has my once perfect vision gone completely blurry post this 3rd baby, but so has my brain! My head is so fuzzy these days I just can't think straight, let alone come up with anything somewhat interesting to document about our life. I'm determined to get back on track however! With the documenting part at least. It will likely put any attempted reader to sleep (including myself) because I'm coming to terms with the fact that I may have complete writers block until 2019, but hey, at least it will be journaled before I forget it all completely.

Here goes!
SOOO, here is cute Lexi.
And a plethora of pictures that I couldn't decide between, so I decided on them all! :)
 Thought I'd better post about her 8th month before she hits the 9 month mark this week!
 This little sweetheart is the BEST BABY!
 The BEST!
 She is by far my smiliest baby. She is so easy-going and has such a gentle nature about her.
 At 8 1/2 months she still has NO TEETH! She is still nursing at least 3 x a day, is a bit of a maniac for rice cereal (weird, I know), loves yogurt, smoothies, and baby food squeezies. I also give her water in a bottle. She is my first baby to drink from a bottle! (Like I said, it's just water...once in a while apple juice) She also loves the dissolvable puff cereal. With no teeth still, we are sticking to smooth/dissolvable foods, like our pediatrician advises.
 She says the words Mama, Dada, and Doggy. She also waves "Hi", and has been signing "more" when she wants more food. She's been sitting up well for quite some time now, and can get herself into a sitting position from laying down without any help. She is getting close to crawling - rocking on her knees, then taking a head dive. She twirls herself around on her stomach and rolls/scoots to get where she wants to go. She doesn't stand at all, in fact she just bends her legs when I try to put her feet down on the ground. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this age! Life gets 10x crazier when a baby turns mobile if you ask me, so I'm just enjoying my last few weeks/months of her inability to crawl and walk.

I love this look she gives right before she's about to tell you something... her eyes get big, her chin goes down, she looks to see whose watching, and starts a jabbering...it's the cutest thing! One of my favorite things she does right now is clap! She will sit and clap for 30 minutes straight sometimes. And it's not just any clap...she is super graceful and lady like in the way that she moves her hands together. It's the cutest thing.


She loves to suck her thumb - just like her big sis!
Posted by Picasa

Parker and Emmie just adore her and are a huge help with her. I have thoroughly enjoyed having a baby this time around... I can't believe she's already 9 months!
We are so lucky to have her in our family.
 We enjoy every minute of her!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Michelle, she is so gorgeous! How fun to have two girls to spoil! I love reading your blog:)

L said...

I am definately still reading. I love your blog and watching your darling family grow. You always have such great stories and insights. Thanks for being such a great example to me of a mom and wife. You are amazing girl!

aliciamae100 said...

I love reading your blog too - it's worth the wait! Your girls are so sweet together. Best friends, right? Lexi's growing up so fast!