Emmie loves princesses.
Like most little girls.
She also loves playing in the dirt, soccer, playing with dinosaurs, and racing fearlessly around on her bike. She claims to love football as well, although I'm not exactly sure she's clear as to what sport that actually is.
So no worries --she hasn't exactly BECOME a princess. Yet. :)
My brother called one day in June and told me that a neighbor had some extra tickets to the Princess Festival at Thanksgiving Point and wondered if we could use them. I wasn't planning on going, but since these were FREE I told him yes. Needless to say after telling Emmie, it was all she could talk about for the next few days. She couldn't wait. Well, ended up, the friend never followed through on giving up the tickets, but Emmie was so looking forward to the event that I didn't have the heart to tell her we weren't going. So, as any good mom would, I bought tickets and we were set to go.
At 2:30 a.m. the morning of the festival, I woke up to her cute little face in mine urgently saying, "MOM! Hurry and get up! We need to pick out what I'm going to wear to the Princess Festiball today!".
Seriously?!
Somehow I coaxed her back to bed and the next morning she picked out one of her only princess dresses that isn't shredded (those things don't hold up so well), we put some princess curls in, a little lip gloss at her request, and we were off to the antcipated Festival.
It was a bit (a lot) corny, but hey it was for charity, Emmie had fun, and it was so fun to have a date just her and me!
even watched a performance by the "Osmond Girls". (Alan Osmond's granddaughters)
They were such cute girls, I have to say.
We had a fun time and she keeps asking when we are going again, so I'd call that a success!

No comments:
Post a Comment