Saturday, July 28, 2012

Anniversary outting with the whole crew


Our anniversary was back on June 24th.
This is the lovely picture (I look hideous, I know) of the happy couple taken by our cute 5 year old photographer.
We'd been wanting to make it out to the new City Creek Center for awhile, so that is where we headed for our big day.
 Our three greatest achievements this last 12 (cringe - that # makes me feel old!) years would most definitely be this little trio:

So why not take them with us?!
Everyone takes their kids with them on their anniversary celebrations right?
Truth be told, getting a sitter is just more trouble than it's worth sometimes (not really a fan of leaving my baby with pretty much anyone other than my MIL), and besides I thought it'd be a fun outing for all of us.
We had a great time, but I quickly remembered the answer to my previous stated question,
"why not take them with us"....


Here's a few good reminders..
.Let's see...first off, there's E (top left) right before getting IN the Temple Square fountain.
Nice. Of course she wanted in - she's OBSESSED with water.
Next, is P throwing a classic Parker tantrum (head back, lower body limp) right there in front of the temple. Mmmhmmm. Proud moment. But a good reminder as to why we made good a choice in NOT sending our summer birthday boy to Kindergarten last year. :)
 After that, we have P as he was falling into the looking pond - awesome. And last but not least, E at the water fountain where she spent what seemed like 20 minutes ignoring our calls for her to hurry and come as she obsessed over the germy water fountain.
Have I mentioned the hearing impairment of this 3 year old? And her water obsession?...
Oh, and I forgot the pic of them sitting in the middle of a newly married couple's wedding portrait session... the photographer loved us. I'm sure they served as nice photo props anyhow.
Ahhhh....PATIENCE.
 Something I thought I possessed before having children. I actually even once thought it was a virtue that I was good at. Wow, was I wrong. The truth is,
you have no idea what patience even IS until you have a 3 and a 5 year old...

Good thing they're cute...;)
I think that was strategic on Heavenly Father's part... or we might be in trouble.

Onto City Creek... my awesome uncle did the fountains here! WET Design is his firm (based in LA). He also did the Gateway fountain, Bellagio Hotel fountain in Vegas, The Grove & Americana fountains in LA, Epcot, several Disney, among many other well known fountains around the world.
I have to brag about him just a little bit. :) With no apologies.
 We're so proud of him and what a neat legacy to leave behind and be able to share with our kids about his example of following your dreams and developing such an inspiring talent.
 

Faye and William Fuller are my grandparents!
It was fun to see their names carved into the sidewalk there.


All in all, even with a few mishaps, we had a great day!
 Oh and to top off the afternoon, we had lunch at one of my favorite restaurants - The Cheesecake Factory!  We're so grateful for our little Party of 5 that makes us a family and the wild adventures that come with it.
 Truthfully, we wouldn't change a thing & feel very blessed!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Happy 12 yrs! And you "look hideous" whatever! You are not capable of looking anything but absolutely lovely Michelle. Guess what, we did the same thing for our anniversary! (w/out kids though). Cheesecake Factory at City Creek. Mmm, I'd been missing that place so much. Prob one of the biggest things I missed from AZ. Sounds like you guys had quite an adventure :); isn't that always how it is with kids? I've wondered if mine are hearing impaired as well. So funny. Beautiful pics as usual!
My other blog is http://jarelovesmich.blogspot.com.
I hear you about just starting to get on top of your life. I feel like I'm almost getting back to "normal" whatever normal is! :)

aliciamae100 said...

So cool about your uncle! And it looks like Emmie is going to take after him :) congrats on your anniversary!!