Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine ramblings


Lexi's gotten really good at
eating her fist while working on her abs.
I need to take notes.
Eating - I've got that one down.
 Abs?
They need some serious work.;)

This was what Emmie wore on Valentines Day three years ago & Lexi reused it this year.
I LOVE that I am able to get some use out of some of Emmie's old things!


 Here is their side by side - Emmie was about 7 weeks older than Lexi in these pictures. I don't think they look anything alike here but people tell me all the time that they do...
What do you think?


Maybe they do more in these pics where the lighting on Lex isn't so bad? I don't know. Emmie has brighter eyes, lighter hair, Hansen cheeks and forehead, and very accentuated dimples.
Lexi has darker hair and eyes, no dimples and a smaller face like me....
& several balding spots like her Daddy. :) Haha.
{Gotta include the big brother...
Here are Emmie and Parker back in 2009. Parker 2 1/2 and Emmie (almost) 6 months!}

VaLeNtInEs DaY...
Emmie and I were pretty sick for Valentines Day. Sore throats, low grade fevers, body aches and raw, runny noses that we'd been fighting all weekend.
 All sorts of loveliness.
I had plans for making/decorating sugar cookies (a Valentine must, right?) and a few other fun things for the kids but none of it really happened. Who really wants sugar cookies rolled out, frosted and decorated by sickly goopy people?
Not me. No siree.
Parker has miraculously managed to stay healthy and had school that morning. He was excited to give out his Valentines for his classmates. He came home eager to put together Valentines for more of he and Emmie's neighbor friends. Many of them live within houses of us so he had fun delivering them at lightening speed and the old fashioned system of leaving them on the doorstep and running. He did this all while E and L napped (strategic in keeping E's germy little hands off of the goods for their friends)  while I watched P run around the neighborhood from the doorstep.
That night we had Buttermilk pancakes in the shape of hearts, topped with strawberries and whip cream, bacon, and our favorite homemade smoothies. It was the perfect meal for the holiday - especially since we (especially me) were so "under the weather" as they say.
 Easy, tasty and festive -what's not to love?
Being so sick earned me a pass to miss the YM/YW activity that night, so my sweet husband not only brought me flowers but also a surprise from Redbox - Breaking Dawn.
 I hadn't seen it yet since it came out soon after I had Lexi (plus who am I kidding - we basically only see 2 movies a year - on Chris' birthday and our anniversary).
And yes - he even watched it with me.
 Or should I say laughed through it with me?
 I semi-enjoyed the books - but really -  the acting is just so bad! And let's face it - some of it is just so awkward. You know what I'm talkin' about. At least I can't say it was the worst one. Nontheless, it was still worth seeing. For me. Chris also gave me a Rod Works gift certificate (home decor) - my favorite store ever!

Despite being sick it was a good day! We're still hoping to get better and be able to make those cookies on Saturday. I can't pass up sugar cookies and better late than never, right?!


Happy Belated Valentines Day from our Party of 5!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

aliciamae100 said...

Oh, Lexi! I've fallen hard for you!! What an adorable girl you are! I think the girls look like sisters, but definitely have their own distinct looks. I love Rod Works too - and luckily there's one in AZ now. You'll have to update us on what you pick out. Hope you're feeling better!

Shannon said...

Hey girly--

It is always so fun to hear your ramblings. The kids are so cute! Hope to see/ talk to you soon!