Chris turned the big 33 on 1-11-11!
We've had ongoing celebrations for him for the last 2 weeks and here is the rundown...
The Saturday before his big day, my little brother and my sis in law were nice to babysit the kiddos while we did something we rarely get to do - hit a movie! We saw True Grit & even though I can't deny it was good, I'm still not exactly sure how I felt about it. I walked away a bit disturbed! I mean I guess it was cool if you like watching people get shot in the face, fingers cut off and rotting corpses hanging from trees...let's just say I was covering my face for a good portion of it. It was nice though to be away just the two of us. Without kids. It's funny how much freedom you can feel doing something that was once (pre-kid life) so commonplace but now just a couple of hours of not dragging kids around and only worrying about YOU for a minute becomes quite the refresher!
The next day (Sunday) we headed to the Hansens for a birthday dinner and to celebrate. Instead of a cake we had these cookie thingys (Skookies?) that you eat with vanilla icecream. Chris' Dad had us write down 2 things that Chris exemplifies and Lance read them out loud and Chris had to guess who wrote them. Aunt B helped Parker with his and I thought it was cute that in addition to saying "smart" and "fun", that he put that he was his "best friend". I think that I wrote that he is selfless and hardworking. Chris was offended that I didn't say something shallow like "smokin' hot" or "sexy" so if you want me to be shallow Honey, I can be shallow. You can add those two to my list.:)
The following Tuesday was his actual birthday. I ditched the Young Women activity I would normally have gone to and after looking over the not-so-appealing movie choices, we decided that the best use of our time would be to go to the temple. The Hansens watched our kids and we had a great evening! We also just had a joint b-day party on Friday for my Dad and Chris but I haven't uploaded those pics yet...soon though! I'm hoping to get back on top of blogging by February!
HaPpY BiRtHdAy, Chris!
33. That just sounds old! ...& it kinda freaks me out that I'm not so far behind him... :)
xoxo
2 comments:
Happy b-day Chris!! Wow 33. That is how I'm feeling about 30. Jared turns 30 next month and it just sounds SOOOO much older than 29!! Sounds like you guys had some great celebrations. And your hair is getting so long--it's so pretty!
There was a baby born same day at 11:11 crazy huh!!
Post a Comment