On the night of January 2nd we went over to my Grandma's to celebrate Christmas with she and my Dad and that side of the fam. I was still feeling awful going from Influenza straight into a bad sinus infection but we had already pushed back "Christmas" far enough and didn't want to cancel. I felt as terrible as I looked hence no pictures but you can get an idea of my loveliness by viewing the Hansen fam picture from the party the night before. (Don't look, really.) Ughh. Back to the party. We are always completely spoiled by my Dad and cute Grandma and I think it took us over a good hour to get through all the present opening. Among the many gifts I got several pairs of boots I wanted, several generous gift cards for shopping and dinner (yay!), and some really nice serving dishes and some cute cardstock for cards and craftiness. Chris got some work shirts, DVDs, & honestly I was so out of it I am not completely sure what else! Parker got lots of fun Toy Story toys including a TS art kit that he loves, and the coolest night light turtle that shines the solar system on his ceiling at night and even changes colors. He LOVES it!
Emmie got the cutest Little People treehouse, a darling Baby Alive doll, Sleeping Beauty, a bathtime doll, darling jams, a fun princess magnet book among lots of other fun toys!
Needless to say, I think we are set on toys for the next 5 years! REALLY! Maybe just bikes this spring.... :) & I already have Emmie's waiting in the storage room from the sweet deal I found on Amazon so we just need P-Man's and we are set! I think we will just add to their college funds for their birthdays and go do something fun!
Set aside the gifts... that's not what makes Christmas for me. It's just nice to be with family to celebrate the holidays. We're grateful that we were able to get together - belated as it was and all!


No comments:
Post a Comment