Thursday, October 15, 2009

A long post about not alot...


I have been a little unmotivated in blogging lately.... I have no great explanation except maybe for the fact that my most recent discovery of any interest is that diapers (unused) make for great accomplices when trying to clean up gobs and gobs of vomit.... other than at least one person being sick at all times in our home ever since we got back from Disneyland --- we have been pretty boring around here! And germy! Read on if you really care for a few other uninteresting items on our recent agenda....

My mom came up last week for couple of days (from St. George) and it was fun to see her for a minute. We visited my brother at the cemetery... it was the second year anniversary of his death on October 6th. I can't believe it's already been two years! I miss him so much. It was a gorgeous Fall day and the cemetery he is laid to rest in in Holladay is so beautiful. I told Chris that I hope we can be buried in such a pretty place as that, and his response was that it didn't matter where we were buried. I told him "good", and that if he doesn't care, then we can be put where I want, since I do have an opinion about it! :) Back to Michael... What would have been his 32nd birthday in August was hard for me, and even harder were my kid's birthdays in July and August. Knowing how much he would adore them and knowing that he is missing out on their lives and their darling little personalities was really difficult for me this year. At the same time I feel him around us and I am so grateful for the knowledge and comfort in knowing that we will get to see him again someday. I can't imagine having gone through such a tragedy without that surety and faith. I am so grateful for the gospel! It doesn't make sad things just"go away" but it helps lift the burden and offers great peace and comfort and assurance that we can get through the hard times, even though they still really, really stink. I want to be better because of this experience in my life. I need to be better. I need to live more because he doesn't get to. My maiden name is Fuller, (my brother was often called this by his friends) and I've come to the conclusion that I need to live a "FULLER" life. We truly don't know how much time we will be allotted in this earth life, but I've resolved that it needs to be FULL and meaningFUL!

As you can tell by this picture, he was definitely an example of being full of life! :)

May we all live a little FULLER!

The next night, my Mom, myself, Chris and the kids met up with my Dad and my other brother and his wife Kylie at the Spaghetti Factory for dinner. It is kind of a sentimental restaurant to our family and so we had a dinner in honor of Michael. It was nice to get together.



Another thing going on around here is that we are in the midst of finishing our basement! I am so excited to be getting this done! We are drowning in toys over here and my sanity is slowly slipping away, so I am soooooooo looking forward to kicking 95% of the toys downstairs once this is through! The drywall was just finished today and Chris is hoping to get started painting on Saturday. We've been running around trying to find a good sectional couch so that I can base the wall color and carpet off of our furniture choice. Which is kind of funny, because we can't even really afford a couch right now, so those choices will be based off a couch that we HOPE to buy, in the coming months. Chris will tell you in the coming years. Whatev.

I forgot to post Emmie's one year stats, and Parker had his three year check really late....but the results are in, so better late than never right?
Here are their latest Statistics:



EMMIE'S 1 YEAR:

Weight: 19.2 lbs, 20.33 %ile

Length: 29 inches, 48.21%ile

Head: 17.75 inches, 51.6%ile



PARKER'S 3 YEAR:

Weight: 31.31 lbs, 39.59%ile

Length: 37.5 inches, 40.03%ile

BMI: 15.65, 39.66%ile

Other than that, Parker is enjoying Joy School (we all are!) and Emmie is loving her newest mode of transportation -- walking!

Well I am impressed if you made it through that post. But if you didn't, that's A-okay. Don't blame ya. All that journaling is for my own sake anyways! :)

9 comments:

Jeanerbee said...

It was nice to catch up on things Michelle... and those are such beautiful words about your brother, and what loss really means along with the comfort of the gospel.

Also, tell me about your Joyschool experience! Are you doing a co-op? Did you pay for the curriculum? How often do you hold it? Do you LOVE it?

Hev and Danaca said...

e where theI did not realize your brother passed away. I am so sorry to hear that. I know the feelings you are feeling about wanting to be a better person and especially the knowledge we have of being able to see them once again. I am so greatfull for the Gospel knowlege as well.
Your kiddos are darling,and so big!!!

Rae Lynn said...

Miss Michelle...how I miss having such good people like you around! How come all the good ones go back to Utah?

Carly said...

I made it all the way through! What a beautiful post. We all need a reminder to live life FULLER!

Your kids are darling!

P.S. The spaghetti factory is my favorite restaurant ever!

aliciamae100 said...

Thanks for sharing your powerful testimony, Michelle! You're an inspiration!

Marianne said...

Michelle, I can't even imagine how devistating it has been for you to lose Michael. I agree, the milestones like birthdays and holidays are the hardest- when you look around and realize that there are people who should be there but who aren't.
I really believe that Christ will compensate for our losses, and will make everything right again. But in the meantime it's just so hard.

Hope you guys are all feeling better now!

Anonymous said...

This was a beautiful post, especially the sweet words on your dear brother. I agree, life is SOOO short. I have recently vowed to spend more quality time with my kids, not QUANTITY, but quality and truly spend it with them, listening, enjoying, laughing. Thank You so much for the gentle reminder!

Aceves Family said...

you are awesome!!! may the Lord continue to comfort you!!

I am excited for your basement...I hear ya on the toys!!

Wade Family said...

K so I love posts like that. That was such a nice tribute to your brother...knowing you I know he is an awesome guy. Thank goodness like you said for the knowledge we have of eternal families. Thanks also for the reminder to make ever day count. Good luck with picking out your colors for your basement, can't wait to see the finished product!