Monday, October 5, 2009

One is too fun

When Emmie disappears, I often find her HERE: Sitting on the stairs, swinging her legs, with a teasing, proud grin on her face.
(Don't mind the nap-head hair :))

Lately, I also find her HERE: On top of the picnic table (brought inside last week for Joy School)....once again - with a triumphant grin on her face. She thinks she's pretty hot stuff to stand up on the bench or crawl up onto the table.

She was taking 4 or 5 steps by her birthday in August, but it hasn't been until this last couple of weeks that she's really taken off!

She also just sprouted one more tooth on the bottom. That explains the constant runny nose lately and the unusual sad face. This is tooth #7 - four on top and three on bottom.


She LOVES to be chased up the stairs - especially by her brother! Parker shrieks in delight when he sees her start up the steps. He takes off after her, tickles her under the chin, and informs her in a giggly squeal that she's a "Stinky Little Bug!". So funny!

That is a moment in my day that never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Going up the stairs is still kind of a no-no for her because she still hasn't mastered the art of going down the stairs yet.... we're working on it.

Seriously, how can you resist that cute little face?! So --- I might be a little biased. But really, she is just the sweetest thing!
Even her center-of-attention-seeking big brother is starting to think that our little Emmie is pretty darn cool.

And I will second that.

She is pretty darn cool!!! :)


5 comments:

Rae Lynn said...

Michelle, she is beautiful! What a fun personality she has! Of course it helps a little that she has been blessed to be part of such an amazing family!

aliciamae100 said...

this little girl is completely charming - I love all the pictures! and I can't help but notice all Emmie's impressive hairstyles you've been able to do too!

Hev and Danaca said...

they are both darling kiddos! That will be fun when she starts running around after her brother!!!

Marsh Family said...

Looks like you had an awesome birthday, I can't believe you are 30. Now I think we need to take Brody to Disneyland.

parkandlinds said...

She is too cute! What a little ham. It really is such a fun age!