Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Day at the Spa!

So I am a little late in posting this, but - I feel inclined to brag a little... last Thursday I got to spend four awesome hours at the spa being pampered! For Mother's Day Chris gave me a spa package to have a one hour pregnancy massage, a facial, a pedicure and lunch! Well, I finally was able to redeem this awesome gift last week, and it was absolute heaven!! I can't remember the last time I had four hours to myself with no miniature little person attached to my side. I was going to take a picture of my pedicure to post along with this, but let's just say my feet are looking a little swollen tonight due to the onset of pregnancy induced edema. Not so flattering. But I'm happy to say that I still have ankles. When I was prego with Parker in AZ, I became so puffy they disappeared the last few months of pregnancy! (It was 118 degrees the day I had Parker - July 22nd.) I am getting off track - like usual - but I just wanted to thank my sweet husband for giving me such a thoughtful gift. I absolutely loved it and I guess he knew I really could use a a little R&R. EVERY girl deserves a little pampering now and then, right?
P.S. -- Surprisingly, the facial was my FAVORITE!!

2 comments:

Ammon and Brooke said...

Chimmie!!!- I'm so glad you got a day of pampering. You deserve it. Isn't it amazing how once you have kids, a little time alone seems like the biggest luxury in the world? Way to go Chris!

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Those Hansen brother's think alike!! Eric got me a spa package just a few weeks ago (since he is getting "wined & dined" at the firm, he decided I deserved some too!).

Spa days are a little slice of heaven aren't they?!

Good for you Chris!